Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mad neighbours/know your neighbours ?

• 02-08-2012 11:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭

There's a lot of heavy construction work going on up the road & today all the power in my house went. A few doors up I stopped to ask my neighbour ( who was out walking) if theirs was gone too & he said what's wrong with you do you not know your neighbours : why don't you ask them. He lives about 4 doors up in a terrace; I've spoken to him one other time in 6 years.

Am I mad in thinking this was a bit OTT/ less than neighbourly . & how do other people get on/know/ deal with their odd/mad/strange/nice neighbours?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Why didn't you ask your neighbours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Id say my neighbours think Im nuts. They stuff theyve heard from this apartment over the years :eek:

They are grand though, we get on well and they come up for a chat every now and then!! Sometimes if we cook things and have too much we'll be neighbourly and drop some in to each other :)

Did you tell yer man that you were his neighbour!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

There's a lot of heavy construction work going in up the road & today all the power in my house went. A few doors up I stopped to ask my neighbour ( who was out walking) if theirs was gone too & he said what's wrong with you do you not know your neighbours : why don't you ask them. He lives about 4 doors up in a terrace; I've spoken to him one other time in 6 years.

Am I mad in thinking this was a bit OTT/ less than neighbourly . & how do other people deal with their odd/mad/strange neighbours?

Yes! Its only him thats being less than neighbourly. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Where To wrote: »
    Why didn't you ask your neighbours?

He is my neighbour!!!
    And he was out in the street walking !?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

You must have done something to annoy him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Luckily, I live on an estate, the old sort, so neighbours, nah, don't have any. And if I do see them, they're tresspassing and I get to shoot at them. Gerroff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Don't know them or want to know them, best way imo. Saves the bastards forming an opinion ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

Small countryside community - everyone knows everyone else's sh!t, *peers out window* Wonder if they know about...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

When I was in college years ago, I lived in this apartment block and managed to get to know all the neighbours on my floor, anyways, one night, some little gurriers are running around banging on doors and tried to kick in my door, Next door neighbour comes out with what appears to be a cane, at about the same time I opened my door ready to start swinging, little gurrier looks at me (6ft1 and very pissed off) in my jocks, looks at neighbour who proceeds to pull a 4ft long sabre out what I though was a cane. Gurrier cacks it and bolts, Jesus (not sure how to do the accent on the U, pronounced hayzeus) looks at me and the two of us break our **** laughing. Gurrier problem solved.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Haha on one side the neighbours are great folks, the son is the captain of the under 15s Ireland squad, on the other side they have a dog (collie type) that they never seem to bring walking and it jumps head first in to the fence as often as possible, that can't be good :)

syndeyfife wrote: »
    Id say my neighbours think Im nuts. They stuff theyve heard from this apartment over the years :eek:

Durrrrty!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

RVP 11 wrote: »
    Durrrrty!!! :D

Yeah that stuff too!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Neighbour above, rough couple of howryas.
    Herself seems to be this the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. Well it's some program anyway and she's up there jumping and skipping on my ceiling

Next door is the local curtain twitcher. My bike blew over in the wind and fell on the steps. I picked it up next morning and secured and a few days later I got a nasty letter from the management company.
    Could you not even knock on my door?

Neighbour below, young couple, sound

When I grew up on the farm I knew every family for miles around!
    Move to a city and I know hardly anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Neighbour above, rough couple of howryas.
    Herself seems to be this the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. Well it's some program anyway and she's up there jumping and skipping on my ceiling

Next door is the local curtain twitcher. My bike blew over in the wind and fell on the steps. I picked it up next morning and secured and a few days later I got a nasty letter from the management company.
    Could you not even knock on my door?

Neighbour below, young couple, sound

When I grew up on the farm I knew every family for miles around!
    Move to a city and I know hardly anyone

Chinese skangers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I only moved into my building 3 months ago, so still getting to know people. Guy opposite seems nice, his daughter and her mates (aged 10-11ish) are a loud bunch of brats though.
    Couple below me are total skangers, if they're not keeping me awake getting it on at 1am they're having a domestic. They LOVE slamming doors too. I "accidentally" dropped a wok on my floor the other day, hopefully they'll take the hint.
    Couple opposite them are lovely, and have a lovely sweet toddler who's always dead chatty :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Next door, upstairs. Grand couple. Next door over the wall, noisy and garden full of tents. Also, slightly intimidating. Next door over the other wall, nice old lady.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I "accidentally" dropped a wok on my floor the other day, hopefully they'll take the hint.

Ooooh wow, I'd hate to see what you'd do if you were really mad, maybe load the dishwasher loudly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Jay D wrote: »
    Don't know them or want to know them, best way imo. Saves the bastards forming an opinion ;)

They form an opinion whether they know you or not, at least ours do, the miserable moaning fuckers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭stevek93

Whenever my neighbours keep awake with there parties next morning I put my radio on full blast MUHAHAHAHAHA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Ooooh wow, I'd hate to see what you'd do if you were really mad, maybe load the dishwasher loudly?

I was more hoping to highlight how easily stuff can be heard- I'm assuming they don't know I can overhear details of their sex lives. Or maybe they're into that...

Advertisement