Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you a fake facebooker?

• 02-08-2012 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭

News today(hardly surprising) that there are 83million fake accounts on Facebook out of 955 million. So do you have one?
    http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-19093078

A friend of a friend has 9 fake FB accounts fyi :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

You mean trolling accounts? Of course I do. Hugh G Balls, mike hunt etc.... People on fb do feed the trolls . It's great .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Yeah, I have 4 accounts.

I used to be admin on a jokes page and was posting a lot. You could only post so many times a day or something like that so I just made another few profiles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I used to have a creep account for adding hot female friend of friends that i know but not well enough to know to add them as a friend. It was nice to look at the pics. I got rid of it as i realised how creepy it was :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

I have a dummy account to check how locked down my main account is to the public. It has proven very useful.

I used to have a creep account for adding hot female friend of friends that i know but not well enough to know to add them as a friend. I got rid of it as i realised how creepy it was :pac:
    Good decision

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cgal093

gurramok wrote: »
    News today(hardly surprising) that there are 83million fake accounts on Facebook out of 955 million. So do you have one?
    http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-19093078

A friend of a friend has 9 fake FB accounts fyi :P

Yeah, a friend...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

I don't but a mate has a few, some weirdo. 1 of his pages http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

God people get some lives for yourselves!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

I used to have a creep account for adding hot female friend of friends that i know but not well enough to know to add them as a friend. It was nice to look at the pics. I got rid of it as i realised how creepy it was :pac:
    Your username, with that post :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

michellie wrote: »

I have.....

On boards :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

In before someone implies they're too cool for school by saying they don't have a Facebook account!

syndeyfife wrote: »
    michellie wrote: »

I have.....

On boards :D
    Are you using it now ? :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

They actually added you?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Sea Filly wrote: »
    I have a dummy account to check how locked down my main account is to the public. It has proven very useful.

likewise. i use it for that reason and to keep an eye on a prick who was giving my wife hassle a while ago

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

I have one like that just to snoop around at what other Boardsies are up to.

Ones I know would never accept me as a friend if I asked :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I have one for my mother's pug.

He's a smutty bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

I don't but a mate has a few, some weirdo. 1 of his pages http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506
    Unfriend me I'm not your ****ing friend ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Onixx wrote: »
    They actually added you?!

some people add anyone, especially good looking girls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

I presume you had Maxine as a pic too. No one believed Gail. Any pics from that Manchester canal trip on it? :eek:

batistuta9 wrote: »
    some people add anyone, especially good looking girls bubble headed teens.

FYP to reflect my experiences in this regard.

• Advertisement

FYP to reflect my experiences in this regard.

bubble headed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I'm ashamed to admit that I momentarily had a heart attack. :o

bubble headed?

I have five sisters in their teens/early twenties.

My FB wall often looks like a Tim Burtonesque garish nightmare of painted faces, pub toilets, duck pouts and greyhound skirts.

And on Sundays, hangovers and drama.

Corkfeen wrote: »

what is it?

I have five sisters in their teens/early twenties.

My FB wall often looks like a Tim Burtonesque garish nightmare of painted faces, pub toilets, duck pouts and greyhound skirts.

And on Sundays, hangovers and drama.

are their friends fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Be the ******* jaysus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

More like...are the sisters fit?

what is it?
    A lack of blood flow resulting in a hemorrhaging of the heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cgal093

Fuck. You.

• Advertisement

A lack of blood flow resulting in a hemorrhaging of the heart.

:pac: thought you were a footballer not a comedian

i can't see it, it says login to FB to view the profile

are their friends fit?

They range from munter to Mother of God. Mostly the latter in fairness. Youth is a great thing.

I've been caught out once or twice though, with the fat angle. You meet one in the flesh, and realise that they looked far better on FB.
    ottostreet wrote: »
    More like...are the sisters fit?

They're fitter than me, but they wouldn't drink soup. I usually leg it before they start to drown out the music.

They range from munter to Mother of God. Mostly the latter in fairness. Youth is a great thing.

I've been caught out once or twice though, with the fat angle. You meet one in the flesh, and realise that they looked far better on FB.

mother of god in a good way, yeah?

The fat angle :pac::pac::pac:

mother of god in a good way, yeah?

The fat angle :pac::pac::pac:

Oh yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

My little cousin has profiles for all of her pets. She posts comments on her own photos from them, and writes on their facebook walls from the different profiles :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

:(
    :( i canna see it a-cause I gots none facebooks.:(

Closed my Facebook in ( what?, I need only log in to reactivate my account, to check when it was deactivated? so my account is deactivated ??? or active absent log-in?)

Actually just enter your (facebook registered) email address and correct password, after 3-5 years and you are back in your old account. mmmmh should I update my facebook bank details? facebook credits??? It has been a long time, but for FUCK sake! How much do I have to fork over to these Satan worshiping Data hoarding demons, before they will delete my account?

Faceboob wall - sure, of course I want to know when you are home from work.:mad:

• Advertisement

Closed my Facebook in ( what?, I need only log in to reactivate my account, to check when it was deactivated? so my account is deactivated ??? or active absent log-in?)

Actually just enter your (facebook registered) email address and correct password, after 3-5 years and you are back in your old account. mmmmh should I update my facebook bank details? facebook credits??? It has been a long time, but for FUCK sake! How much do I have to fork over to these Satan worshiping Data hoarding demons, before they will delete my account?

Faceboob wall - sure, of course I want to know when you are home from work.:mad:
    What the actual fuck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Actually it's quite easy to permanently delete your account

http://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=224562897555674#How-do-I-permanently-delete-my-account?

I got sucked into facebook, again.

I deleted my account but there is no such thing with facebook, I am drunk and just typed what I experienced, returning to facebook after years away. was it really that incomprehensible?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭God...

I got sucked into facebook, again.

I deleted my account but there is no such thing with facebook, I am drunk and just typed what I experienced, returning to facebook after years away. was it really that incomprehensible?:D

Yes.

later12 wrote: »
    Actually it's quite easy to permanently delete your account

http://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=224562897555674#How-do-I-permanently-delete-my-account?

Thank you, that option was not there (according to my -to the best of my knowledge - unreliable memory) when I was deactivating my account in 2007 according to my facebook wall status. But there is no need to make me out to be some kind of a crazy person. we are not crazy. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

What's a 'Facebook'?

Just joking. though the adding the hot girl one is genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

Corkfeen wrote: »

delighted I wasn't the only one...

Advertisement