Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Card Stolen - address change.

Options
  • 03-08-2012 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭

Hello,

So recently my Card was stolen (old style Laser card)

now im sure at some stage BOI where going to send me a new Visa Debit as its being rolled out to everyone.

I have reported my card stolen already, first thing i did.

they asked did i want a card sent out to me, i said no for 2 reasons.

1) I moved and need to change address

2) theres a charge of €5.70 for a card (which should be free if its going out anyway ?)

so on the 23rd of july i changed my address in the branch where my account is held, they sent it to the back office.

to today its still not changed so i still have no card and cant request a new one.

how much longer should this take ?

also is it possible to waive the charge for the card ? or if i dont request one can i just wait for my name to pop up in the list for a free renewal ?

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Koppaberg Strawberryand Lime,

Thanks for contacing us.

I'd advise calling your branch who will confirm if the address on your account has been changed yet and if not, how long it will take to have it changed.

If the new Visa Debit had already been produced, prior to cancelling your Laser Card, there should be no replacement fee for your Visa Debit. Again, I would advise calling the branch and asking them about it.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

checked my account earlier.

still address not changed at 2 weeks now.

still want to charge me for a new card.

was asked to fill out another form to change my address. will do it Monday .

is there an issue ? and can the card charge be waived ?

thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Koppaberg Strawberryand Lime,

We have not been made aware of any delay in changing the address on bank accounts.

If the charge was to be waived for the Visa Debit, it would be the branch who would wave it.

Thanks

Billy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Koppaberg Strawberry and Lime,

We'd like to look into the issues you've been experiencing to see if we can help. Can you please PM us your name, branch, and a contact phone number and we'll arrange for a representative to give you a call.

Thanks
    Pat

thanks for that ! great that you guys are giving me support on a Saturday !

pm sent

thanks again

• Advertisement

Hi,

Your PM doesn't seem to have come through to us. Can you send it again please?

Thanks
    Pat

got a call today.

great help from all

thanks guys !

Hi Koppaberg Strawberry and Lime,

It's good to hear you were able to get everything taken care of.

Thanks
    Pat

Advertisement