Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening BOI Account

Options
  • 03-08-2012 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

Hey,

The PTSB in my local town is closing down so I want to move banks, I understand you are currently switching to visa debit which is why I decided on BOI. Can you tell me what I will need to open a student account please. I assume that a photo ID, a recent bill and my student card will do but just want to check.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Hey,

The PTSB in my local town is closing down so I want to move banks, I understand you are currently switching to visa debit which is why I decided on BOI. Can you tell me what I will need to open a student account please. I assume that a photo ID, a recent bill and my student card will do but just want to check.

I am in the same situation with PTSB, they are tuning my branch into a self service centre were you put money into your account via a machine and do the rest online.

Wouldn't switch just on the bases that are closing down. BOI may follow suit correct me if im wrong.

Also PTSB have a visa debit not just BOI :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

Hey,

That's all you will need. They also have a Switchers Pack if it interests you. What it does is transfer your Direct Debits/Wages you may have on your account from the TSB to BOI.

Used to work with BOI and if it's done right it's a great Pack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi meoklmrk91,

Thanks for considering switching to us.

We have a dedicated Student Banking website where you can find more information on the accounts and products we have on offer for students.

You can find more information on Switching here and you will need to provide photo ID, proof of address (recent utility bill or statement from your current bank) and your approval letter from the college.

If we can help with anything else, please feel free to ask.
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

stevek93 wrote: »
    Hey,

I am in the same situation with PTSB, they are tuning my branch into a self service centre were you put money into your account via a machine and do the rest online.

Wouldn't switch just on the bases that are closing down. BOI may follow suit correct me if im wrong.

Also PTSB have a visa debit not just BOI :confused:

I may reconsider then, I didn't know that they were putting in self service machines, I know PTSB have visa debit, I use it all the time, that's why I would only switch to a bank that had visa debit, I will weigh up my options and see.

Edit just retread the letter they sent me, they are asking me to move branches which really isn't a great option for me. I think I will just end up moving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi meoklmrk91,

We have the self service machines in our branches to make like easier for the customers that would like to use it, we do however still have the cashier if a customer would prefer to use the cashier.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks
    Linda

• Advertisement

Hi meoklmrk91,

We have the self service machines in our branches to make like easier for the customers that would like to use it, we do however still have the cashier if a customer would prefer to use the cashier.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks
    Linda

Thats all well and good but can you guarantee the OP that you are not closing any branches especially in his area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi stevek93,

There are approximately 250 branches in ROI and we expect to maintain that type of footprint going forward. We consider the branch to be an extremely important part of our business strategy and see out presence in local communities as commercially vitally important.

Thanks
    Linda

Hi stevek93,

There are approximately 250 branches in ROI and we expect to maintain that type of footprint going forward. We consider the branch to be an extremely important part of our business strategy and see out presence in local communities as commercially vitally important.

Thanks
    Linda

I don't to be rude but that a politicians answer to my question :p. Simple yes or no if the branch is staying put where the OP is.

Advertisement