Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where you simply can't do the right thing!

• 03-08-2012 3:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

I was at home earlier on, sitting out on the balcony, (Oooh balcony), when this poor woman mis-judged her turn and crashed into the CCTV pylon in a deserted car-park.

She was distraught. I didn't know what to do. Should I go down and offer assistance? Would she take it amiss?

Fortunately, while I was pondering, two other more decisive fellas came to the woman's aid. Bless yis lads.

I was still lost in a mental image of Elizabeth Fry and Emily Pankhurst looking at her, going," Fifty years of work, down the Swanee, trying to eradicate these stereotypes, y'blind bint"

So AHers, what should one do in a situation like this?

Offer help? Or just keep your head down and wait for the cavalry to arrive?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Point. Laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭my my my

you should start doing her driving lessons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I think you should probably not invoke suffragettes over a crashed car and go back to whatever frightfully emancipated activity you were previously engaged in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I was at home earlier on, sitting out on the balcony, (Oooh balcony), when this poor woman mis-judged her turn and crashed into the CCTV pylon in a deserted car-park.

typical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

What should one do? What CAN one do?

She should've just called AA or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

grindle wrote: »
    Point. Laugh.

"I think he may be really hurt."

"I said Haw-Haw"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

my my my wrote: »
    you should start doing her driving lessons

fyp ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I think you should probably not invoke suffragettes over a crashed car and go back to whatever frightfully emancipated activity you were previously engaged in.

Y'wha? And btw, I never invoked tha' suffragette no matter what she said. She came on to me man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Chocco - you drunk?

You should have gone down. You know this. Hence your thread title ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Had you eggs and a good line of sight?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

You should have gone down. You know this.
    Must... resist... :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

You should have gone down. You know this. Hence your thread title ;)

Ooooh matron...

What I meant to say is I always go down.

No,,, I mean, I would want to go down....

Ah forget it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Always help unless you think they'll kick 7 shades of shít out of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Nux

• Acquire CCTV footage
    • Post online
    • Hilarity ensues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

A slow hand clap from the balcony whilst rising to your feet and shouting "Well Done" and "Bravo" as she got out of the car would have cheered that lady up no end and helped her to have seen the funny side of crashing into a pole in an empty car park. Then finish it off nicely with a Buddy Christ pose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

She was distraught. I didn't know what to do. Should I go down and offer assistance? Would she take it amiss?

Fortunately, while I was pondering, two other more decisive fellas came to the woman's aid. Bless yis lads.

I was still lost in a mental image of Elizabeth Fry and Emily Pankhurst looking at her, going," Fifty years of work, down the Swanee, trying to eradicate these stereotypes, y'blind bint"

Offer help? Or just keep your head down and wait for the cavalry to arrive?

Was in a beergarden one day where there was a door out onto the street and a woman was trying to park. Now the situation was similar to the part in the film Snatch where there is a massive space and he's having problems parking the car.

She must have been trying to park the car for a good 5 minutes straight with nothing around her so my friend ran over, tipped on the window and asked "Do you need any help parking the car, love?". She drove off very quickly, but why werent you helpful like that OP? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I'm confused.

Why can't you help at scene of an accident?

Where To wrote: »
    I'm confused.

Because he simply can't.
    God. Pay attention.

:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

I'm confused.

Oh look! It's Mr. 'I bend the rules by parking in customer only parking zones even when I'm not a customer' to offer some something constructive!

Well AH has no time for this! Jog on! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Bad Panda wrote: »
    I'm confused.

Oh look! It's Mr. 'I bend the rules by parking in customer only parking zones even when I'm not a customer' to offer some something constructive!

Well AH has no time for this! Jog on! :D
    They call me the Florence Nightingale of the Highway.

Or is that Joan of Arc?. . . .

Anyway, you should always offer assistance OP, always.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭barry711

Classic example of shifting the responsibility. I would help but then it would depend on things like how bad the accident was. If I thought it was nothing too serious I'd leave it to herself to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Diapason

Just so I'm clear. You were on a balcony. Liquids fall at an acceleration of 9.8m/s/s, which means that liquids falling from balcony height could be said to be moving at high velocity, nay blasting, by the time they hit ground level. What to do, what to do...?

In short, you should have called down and asked her was she alright, doing the gentlemanly concerned bit while simultaneously letting her know you saw her, and you judge her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Face Kicker.

You should have comforted the poor woman, then when she wasn't expecting it. Bang. Kick her in the face!

Advertisement