Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Hours

• 03-08-2012 10:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭

How's it going everyone,

I'm starting my training for GR this September, I'm just wondering as to the 40 hours of training for Phase 3, how is this usually done? Basically I recently lost my job, and have a good amount of free time at the minute. So if at the time I am still unemployed, would I be able to commit to 2 or 3 shifts a week to build up my hours?

Also, once attested and assigned to a station, could I try build up as many hours as possible in the first few months, as I may be doing a bit of travelling next year touch wood, so to get the 208 hours quickly and earn the time off... Does anyone have any experience of this?

Thanks in advance,

D...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭Altezza98

For the 40hours in phase 3 you will have loads of time to build them up,, at the current system it works out at four shifts ;) One shift a week and you will have them built up in a month.. Saying that it works different in every station.
    The total hours of 208 are done over a year and working extra shifts to build them up the time would really be between you and who ever your contact is in the station. Hope that helps..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

Altezza98 wrote: »
    For the 40hours in phase 3 you will have loads of time to build them up,, at the current system it works out at four shifts ;) One shift a week and you will have them built up in a month.. Saying that it works different in every station.
    The total hours of 208 are done over a year and working extra shifts to build them up the time would really be between you and who ever your contact is in the station. Hope that helps..

Ah cool, thanks for the info... I suppose i'll have to play it as it comes, do the training and get a station, I'll do what I can while I can... Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭Altezza98

Take it step by step,, phase by phase dude ;)

Advertisement