Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

if you put *#*#4636#*#* into the dialer it will pull up a secret menu

• 03-08-2012 11:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭

With android phones if you put *#*#4636#*#* into the dialer it will pull up a secret menu where you can shut off the antenna and do various other things.

Here's other codes, but be careful when using them

http://www.askvg.com/google-android-hidden-secret-codes/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

i'd say alot of people will mess their phone up if they start turning the antenna on and off (among other things)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I doubt they are secrets, but there for phone maintenance and tech info for anyone fixing them up.

Not much use to anyone other than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭stevek93

May come in handy testing a new rom ect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

More likely handy for the average person for trolling people into factory resetting their phone as I seen someone do on facebook today.

One of those group pages that like putting up funny pictures all all had the code for factory resetting up today. Ensue a long list of people cursing and swearing in the comments that their phones were ****ed up and they'd lost all their numbers :pac: :p

I stuck it in anyways because I was literally just copying a ZIP over to the phone at the time to flash a new rom so said why not for the laugh but it didn't work for me :( I felt really let down somehow, in hindsight I probably made a typo but sur

But yeah - I lol'ed because I'm a bastard when I seen all the people with factory reset phones :p

Advertisement