Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini Tournament to Finish Off Madden 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

That draw is hilarious, the last 2 superbowls and this year's AFC divisional round game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

That's perfect I can do the morning if u want Whenevers best 4 u just pick a time or is 6 best
    I won't know for definite tomorrow, I might even be free all evening. Will let you know asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Luka Immense Munchies

Raoul wrote: »
    That's perfect I can do the morning if u want Whenevers best 4 u just pick a time or is 6 best
    I won't know for definite tomorrow, I might even be free all evening. Will let you know asap.
    No rush

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Davetherave, you around tonight around 8 or 9?

General Question, Are you using the community or something? 8 min quarters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Balls yeah, completely forgot about that. Standard rules apply with 20 sec accelerated clock and 8 minute quarters. Haven't set up a community so just play through an unranked game :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

adrian522 wrote: »
    Davetherave, you around tonight around 8 or 9?

General Question, Are you using the community or something? 8 min quarters?

No, sorry. Have training tonight from 1900-2130. Could be 11ish by the time I get home. Any other time all week is good though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Maybe Thursday night around 7.30 or so?

Or Friday around the same time (possibly be a bit late, playing Ben at 6:15).

I'm away then from Saturday to Thursday.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Balls yeah, completely forgot about that. Standard rules apply with 20 sec accelerated clock and 8 minute quarters. Haven't set up a community so just play through an unranked game :)
    Can we not just use the community that Adrian set up? Its the handiest way really

Can we not just use the community that Adrian set up? Its the handiest way really

Whatever suits. Some guys won't be in it and I don't know the password. Can you remember it Adrian?

Well we could use the friendlies community either. Think they are all setup the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Luke whens good for you ?

adrian522 wrote: »
    Maybe Thursday night around 7.30 or so

Sounds good.

Activate gameface: -> :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Thursday between 2pm and 4pm would be good for me Dave. Otherwise possibly about on Friday and then it could be Monday the next time I'm free. Tomorrow morning may also work but I'm not sure yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Lukebray wrote: »
    Thursday between 2pm and 4pm would be good for me Dave. Otherwise possibly about on Friday and then it could be Monday the next time I'm free. Tomorrow morning may also work but I'm not sure yet.

Thursday at 2 ?

So raoul are u around today

Sorry been really busy at work. I can be on in about 10 or 15 min. Or whenever you want this evening.

Apologies

Sorry been really busy at work. I can be on in about 10 or 15 min. Or whenever you want this evening.

Apologies
    No hassle Whenevers best for u

lions hammer the eagles best of luck eamon see ye in madden 13 lads

Not sure if you want stats or what so just incase here they are:

Eagles @ Lions

Scores:

PE 7/3/0/0 = 10
    DL 0/14/0/9 = 23

Passing:

PE 7/20 116 yards 1 TD's 0 INT 2 Sacks
    DL 11/19 165 yards 1 TD 1 INT 3 sacks

Rushing:

PE 10 atts 69 yards 0 TD's 1 fumbles
    DL 32 atts 190 yards 2 TD 0 fumbles

Turnovers:

PE 1
    DL 1

Good game Nerd, thought after your first play, a 60 yard pass to DeSean Jackson, that I was in for a long evening. You played well but were unlucky that some of your receivers couldn't hold on to the ball, Jackson and Maclin both had problems. My run game was quite good today when it got going, one play in particular worked very well when you blitzed to the left and unfortunately for you let me run up the right and get a 30 yard TD.

Good game, see you in Madden 13.

Edit - It definitely wasn't a hammering!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

hey Dave, how's 2:30 tomorrow sound? I should be around at 2 and I'll try get on for then but say 2:30 to be safe:)

• Advertisement

Strange, Strange Game. Loads of fumbles, penalties, picks.

Packers received the kickoff and Cobb looked like taking it all the way before being dragged down on the 19.

First play Ryan Grant fumbles and steelers get it back but go 3 and out and need to punt.

Packers move it well but Rodgers throws a pick. The quarter ends with a Pittsburgh FG 3-0.

2nd quarter, The Packers put a nice drive together and Rodgers hits Finley for a TD to make it 7-3. After the Steelers stall on their next drive Green bay again score this time its Greg Jennings to make it 14-3.

All looking good with 2:45 to go to HT, Steelrs put a nice drive together culminating in a Mike Wallace42 yard TD 14-10.

Coming up to half time, rodgers drops back for one last bomb, is sacked, fumbles and Harrison collects the ball and takes it in. 17-14 Steelers. 39 seconds left.

from the kickoff cobb takes it all the way back to make it 21-17.

In the secondf half both defenses on top, there is another Rodgers pick with the Packers inside FG range and on their next possesion another fumble from the same area.

All this time Pittsburgh can't take advantage. They get the ball back inside 4 mins with one last chance.

They move well upfield but stall in the red zone, then a big pass play and its first and goal from the 3.

On first and second down they have runs that go nowhere, on 3rd down play action doesn't come off. They try and pucnh it in on 4th and goal from the 1 but come up short.

Green Bay comes out, time for one more fumble (which GB recover), get the first down and run out the clock.

Good game Dave, I thought you played well but maybe ran a little too much when it wasn't really working for you.

It was great playing you and hope we play again in Madden 13.

Some Stats:

Passing:

Rodgers 12/18 156 yards 2TD's 3 INT 1 Sack
    Ben 9/16 174 yards 1 TD 0 INT 0 Sacks
    Mendenhall 0/1 0 yards

Rushing:

Green Bay 22 atts 83 yards 0 TD 3 fumbles
    Pittsburgh 23 atts 63 yards 0 TD's 1 fumble

Turnovers:

Green bay 5
    Pittsburgh 0

Steelers(davetherave) lose 21-17 to GreenBay(Adrian552)

1st Quarter:
    Steelers win the toss and choose to receive.
    GB get a monster of a return to the Pitt 19 yard line.
    Up steps GB offence and BOOM!, fumble on the play. Then we get a big man with the football moment as Brett Keisel scoops up the ball and makes 32 yards.
    Then the Steelers just punt it away.
    Rodgers comes back onto the field and the Steelers D get another turnover, this time an interception.
    Some good passing to TE Heath Miller (if anyone is bothered to read this take note, you'll see a lot of this if I'm playing you in M13) gets the Black and Gold inside the GB 25 yardline where they settle for a FG.
    3-0 PIT
    Greenbay return the kick, and some good running by Ryan Grant sees the Pack with the ball on the PIT24 as we start the 2nd quarter.

2nd Quarter:
    Then they score; Rodgers to Finley. Crosby is good.
    7-3 GB
    Steelers punt their next possession away. Greenbay score. Rodgers to Jennings. Crosby is good.
    14-3 GB
    Somebody tells the Pittsburgh QB that there is a college girl waiting for him at the other end of the pitch. Double digit yardage catches by Miller, Brown and a 42 yard to Mike Wallace later and BigBen is storming around the goalpost looking for his prize. Suisham is good.
    14-10 GB
    Packers come onto the pitch with just over one minute left in the half and look like they are running out the clock. Suddenly Rodgers drops back to pass and Big Brett Keisel drops him. FUMBLE! James Harrisson scoops up the ball and gracefully runs it back 20 yards for a TD.
    Suisham is good.
    17-14 PIT

The Pittsburgh team are riled up now. They have scored two unanswered TD's, they have the lead.....then GB take the kick return to the house(video here)....
    Crosby is good
    21-17 GB

Halftime
    3rd Quarter
    Not much happened. LeMarr Woodley got a pick. That is about the highlight of the quarter.

Still 21-17.

4th Quarter.
    Started with a Pitt punt. Grant was getting a few yards on the ground, then Rodgers airs it out, right into the hands of a leaping Troy Polamalu. As gracefully as Boris from the Russian Ballet he rose up into the sky and plucked the ball out if the air.
    This set up a great drive, including a 24 yarder to TE Miller who went down at the 3 yard line, culminating in a nail biting goal line series.
    1st and Goal @ the 3:
    Fullback runs for 1 yard.
    2nd and Goal @ the 2:
    Mendenhall - no gain.
    3rd and Goal @ the 2:
    Big ben takes for, for no gain.
    **Two minute warning*
    4th and Goal @ the 2.
    Mendenhall runs for 1 yard.

GB just run and kneel the clock out

Lukebray wrote: »
    hey Dave, how's 2:30 tomorrow sound? I should be around at 2 and I'll try get on for then but say 2:30 to be safe:)

Did this game get played?

Unfortunately Luke has had to pull out of this mini tournament, is any one willing to take his place?

I'm away from now until next Friday hope it's ok to play the next game then, if not I don't mind someone replacing me!!

Epic, epic game Rob. COuld have gone either way!

Manning 23/36 387 yards 2 TD 1 INT
    Brady 20/30 263 yards 0 TD 2 INT

Bradshaw 11 attempts for 68 yards and 1 TD
    BGE 11 attempts 55 yards 1 TD

Epic game Rob! Patriots score the go ahead touchdown for 30 seconds left to make it 21-14 and the Giants only have one time out. The Giants somehow get 2nd and goal on the 4 yard line with 0:02 remaining and find Ballard for the TD to bring it in to overtime.

Possession changed hands twice in overtime and on a critical 3rd down in the Giants half, Manning threw the ball to Manningham who by a millisecond caught the ball before the Patriots free safety, to run into the end zone and win the game for the Giants 27-21. Absolute thriller Rob and great chatting. Catch you in Madden 13!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Cheers for the game and good chatting Ben.

Was a wild one! Two red zone interceptions from Brady, three fumbles from the Giants (2 recovered).
    Last second score to send it into OT. Punt by Giants. Patriots convert 4th & 3, then forced to punt.

Catch you in Madden 13

SantryRed wrote: »
    Unfortunately Luke has had to pull out of this mini tournament, is any one willing to take his place?

Matthew?? Said he was looking to get into playing more friendly leagues.

matthew8 wrote: »
    If I could pick someone other than the Texans and adrian doesn't mind. He got there first so if he wants to play I have no problem. I'd be back a couple of days earlier than him though.

Adrian is already in the semi finals. You can pick any team you want that hasn't been picked. You're down to play DangerDave and the winner plays Adrian in the semis.

• Advertisement

1. (4) New England Patriots 21-27 (8) New York Giants
    2. (6) Green Bay Packers 21-17 (1) Pittsburgh Steelers
    3. (2) Houston Texans v (7) Baltimore Ravens
    4. (3) Philadelphia Eagles 10-23 (5) Detroit Lions

Semi Finals:

(2) Packers v (3) Texans/Ravens
    (1) Giants v (4) Lions

Advertisement