Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ordinary Level English Poetry Book???

• 03-08-2012 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a rather weak class LC class next year and I'm looking for a good poetry book. The New Explorations we use in the school is WAY too advanced in terms of questions and level. Is This is Poetry any good??

Help!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

KaiserLu wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a rather weak class LC class next year and I'm looking for a good poetry book. The New Explorations we use in the school is WAY too advanced in terms of questions and level. Is This is Poetry any good??

Help!!

I used 'This is Poetry' with my fifth years last year. I found it really good - it was slightly advanced for some of them, but to be honest nothing save me writing up my own pieces would be exactly at the right level for them. I have always supplemented their books with my own ability-appropriate worksheets. Let me if you want me to scan a few pages from 'This is Poetry' and e-mail it to you. I have the 2013 and 2014 Ordinary Level editions.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭allprops

Signs from Gill and Macmillan is the only book written for ordinary level students only. Every other book seems to be an ordinary level version. (I have a bias here in that I co-wrote it.)
    I will say that when we wrote it we were very conscious of the ordinary level exam paper. Sorry if plugging my own wares is not appropriate.

Advertisement