Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor in Barna?

Options
  • 03-08-2012 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi guys, sorry but I just joined boards and finding it so difficult touse!!! Not sure if I'm doing this in the proper form/thread or not but justwondering if anyone knows of any good female doctors in Barna of Furbo, Co.Galway. I'm not happy at all with my current GP and they are the closest villagesto my house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

I think there is a female doctor located above the pharmacy in Barna

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lilly80

I think there is a female doctor located above the pharmacy in Barna

Thanks very much jimbobaloobob. Do you know if this GP is any good tho? I don't want to change from one usless GP to another. I'm pregnant and wold like to find a GP that I can stay with throughout my pregnancy rather than having to change again.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Lilly80 wrote: »
    Thanks very much jimbobaloobob. Do you know if this GP is any good tho? I don't want to change from one usless GP to another. I'm pregnant and wold like to find a GP that I can stay with throughout my pregnancy rather than having to change again.

If you're not adversed to coming in the road a bit, there's a great doctor on Clybaun Road in Knocknacarra. Dr. Patrick Meaghar. I changed to him after a very bad string of experiences with another doctor when I was pregnant and I've found him brilliant. He's also far less expensive than a lot of GPs around. I can PM you his number if you're interested.

Also, welcome to boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lilly80

Das Kitty,

Thanks for your reply and welcome!

I live further west of Barna and Ferbo and would prefer a GP a little closerto home rather than having to head towards town if I'm sick. If I do not getany further information I might get back to you about your Doc.

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭shinnyjosiedan

Hi Lily, Spiddal Medical Centre has around 5/6 GPs and I find them very good and very thorough. They've been my doctors for years and can't find fault with them and have a few health issues. Currently pregnant too and find them very helpful and reassuring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭colettew

Not sure if I can post GP's name here but my GP (female) is in Barna - she was based above the pharmacy but has now opened a new surgery - 'Seapoint' I think - down near Supervalu. She is brilliant - I live approx 30 miles away and travel to her still despite having other GP's 2 minutes away from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Hi Lily, Spiddal Medical Centre has around 5/6 GPs and I find them very good and very thorough. They've been my doctors for years and can't find fault with them and have a few health issues. Currently pregnant too and find them very helpful and reassuring.

I would also recommend the good Doctors in the Spiddal Medical Centre. You have the choice of male and female doctors.

Advertisement