Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Mastercard Chargeback

Options
  • 03-08-2012 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Can I get the procedure for intiating a chargeback from an online retailer as I might need to begin one?

Purchased from retailer on Monday based on next day delivery. They charged card then rang at close of business saying item isn't in stock (was in stock on site when ordered). They said it would be in stock from supplier on wednesday and dispatched. Thursday rang again and they told me they would receive it that day and dispatch that night.

Rang today and asked for refund and they said the same again about item coming into stock. I told them thats the third time I heard that story and I would like a refund. I was informed I'd be contacted back shortly. I haven't heard anything yet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Gummy Panda,

Thanks for getting in touch. The process would differ depending on whether you used a credit card or a debit card for the transaction.

If you made the purchase with a credit card you can download the form you need here. Please complete the form in full and post it to the address on the bottom.

If the purchase was made with your debit card, you can contact your account holding branch and they will be able to initiate the charge back process for you.

In both cases you will have to try to resolve the issue with the retailer first.

I hope this helps.

Pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Gummy Panda,

Apologies, there is a bit more to add to my earlier post. The information given above for debit cards is for Laser cards only. If the transaction was made with a Visa Debit card the transaction please follow this link. You will need to download and print out the form provided.

Thanks
    Pat

Advertisement