Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Bus Station Overnight Parking

• 03-08-2012 12:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24

Hi,

I'd like to find out whether I can leave my car in the Limerick Bus Station car park and how much does it cost. Does anyone know?

The website doesn't provide enough info. Here's the parking info from irishrail.ie:
    Operator: Iarnród Éireann
    Spaces: 300
    Rates: €4.00
    Payment Options: Cash
    Opening Hours: 24hrs

Any idea what "Rates: €4.00" means?

I've also tried ringing the bus station directly. No answer. I also tried ringing the bus eireann helpline 1850 366 222. I waited for 5 minutes, got connected and the support guy hung up on me.

It would be great if anyone could confirm that parking overnight there is OK.

Thanks,
    Matt

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I'd say for peace of mind, go to the Car Park above Smyths, and park it in there overnight it'll cost about €20 but you know its safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭TheGimp

I wouldn't leave a car there during the day, let alone overnight. Take the advice above.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 EmeraldMan

you can park in the cornmarket carpark (above smyths) for 18€ a week. come and go as many times as you like and leave it over night at no extra charge which is some deal! plenty of cameras and security guards during opening hours too,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

You pay €4.00 as you enter, barrier will rise automatically as you leave no matter how long you have been parked there.
    Ideally, park in front of train station if possible not up the side and you should be grand, don't leave stuff on display etc

Missus has left her car there for days on end with no probs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 the-macho-man

Unfortunately parking in the Cornmarket doesn't suit me because I couldn't collect my car early Monday morning. Doesn't open until 10am. So I think I'll chance parking in the train station.

Thanks for the quick suggestions & help guys!

• Advertisement

Just for anyone else who wants to find out about parking in Limerick. I found a great website which has a lot of details (maps, directions, phone numbers, prices, comparison tools, etc.)

http://www.parkopedia.ie/parking/limerick/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Would not leave a car in the station car park overnight. Especially if you ended up parking down the side bit.

It is a little bit of an extra walk, but would be much safer for your car to put it into the Mount Kenneth car park which is beside Dominos pizza. Is a 24 hour car park and has a good cctv system

Thanks, turns out I won't need to get the bus at all so no need for me to find parking anymore. Will be useful knowledge in future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Did you sound like this when you found out you would not need to get a bus? :pac:

Kess73 wrote: »
    Did you sound like this when you found out you would not need to get a bus? :pac:

Ooooo yea! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 pollyie

you can get parking on front of the station if you get in early enough...or are really lucky...you can leave your car overnight at the back...but I wouldn't as it is quite secluded. you pay 4 euro to get into the car park and you can stay as long as you like!
    hope this helps for the future!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I would not let my car there at any time of the day, there are alot of unsavory types around that area at all times of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 simoriartynead

Wouldnt recommend parking at the station at all! My friend parked her car there for one night when she went to Dublin, came back down the next day and the car was gone. It was about 2 years ago at this stage but none of us would park there now!! The weird thing was it was an old car and wouldnt be worth robbing..was probably just burnt out.

Advertisement