Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Him to the Peak!

Options
  • 03-08-2012 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi All, hopefully this is in a suitable forum.
    I have some foreign friends gracing me with their presence in a couple of weeks and one of the things they're intent on doing is climbing Mt. Errigal while they're here. I have climbed her before myself but unfortunately I have no method of transport to actually GET there from where I live, so my request is whether or not anybody knows of any public transport, bus routes etc. that may operate to and from Mt. Errigal, to the base at Dunlewey say? I know this is unlikely but perhaps there are some special ones laid on during the summer months? If not, I would go as far as to try to solicit a lift with any Board members out there that are of the Errigal-climbing persuasion... "virtual-thumbing" if you will :P (If this is against any rules I'm unaware of I apologize Mr. Mods).
    Much Appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Wrong neck of the woods for myself so unfortunately I cant be of any help. Im sure someone will get you sorted. Good luck with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

I will try keep my ear to the ground. How many of you are there and where will you be staying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Dr. Bad Touch

There's 3 of us in total and we'll be in LK, about two weeks from now....

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Do any of you drive? maybe renting a car for their stay might be wise considering how awkward public transport around Donegal can be, especially in the rural areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

I was thinking that.. there is an Enterprise car hire at McGinley Motors in Letterkenny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

Your best bet is to get one of the service buses to Bunbeg then get a taxi out from there!

Service buses are John McGinley, Feda o Donnell, Patrick Gallagher and Mangan Tours and would cost about €6 or €7 each way from Letterkenny then a taxi from Bunbeg to Errigal would probably cost between €10-15 but split between a few it wouldn't be too bad.

Feda O Donnells bus sometimes travels via Errigal but I think this depends on whether or not he has passengers going to Falcarragh etc worth checking out though!

Not sure how the timetables would suit if you considered staying over night there is an excellent hostel in Dunlewey

Advertisement