Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euromillions - What would you do

• 03-08-2012 1:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

The jackpot tonight is an estimated 180 million euro. I can't imagine having that much money but I'd sure like to give it a try. I've bought my two euro plus lines and all I can do now is wait.
    If I was to win I'd start buying a few businesses I have an interest in. Create jobs and all that.
    I'd buy a penthouse in Dublin. A nice big one that could accommodate 8 strippers and myself.
    I'd pay off all my families mortgages and give them a few quid to set themselves up.
    I'd try buy boards too :p
    Ms America time. I'd give a lot to charity too, but none of the ones where the ceo is on a ridiculous amount.
    I'd open a nightclub too. Drinks would be well priced and the music would be good. But not so loud that nobody can hear a damn thing. I'd have a balcony for me above the dance floor and I'd send a body guard down to fetch any lovely girl that I spot that make like to meet Teddy.
    I'd buy copper face jacks and shut it down.
    ... Anyway have to stop dream and go back to work now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I'd repent and thank The Lord Jesus Christ. . . . .

because I never buy Euromillions :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

TeddyTedson as my boss?

Dear God,

Please never let this happen.

Thank you.

g'em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

If it's an Irish winner Phil Hogan would have legislation changed by lunchtime and take most it :(

g'em wrote: »
    TeddyTedson as my boss?

Dear God,

Thank you.

g'em.
    You know the saying.

'Poachers make the best gamekeepers'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

The jackpot tonight is an estimated 180 million euro. I can't imagine having that much money but I'd sure like to give it a try. I've bought my two euro plus lines and all I can do now is wait.
    If I was to win I'd start buying a few businesses I have an interest in. Create jobs and all that.
    I'd buy a penthouse in Dublin. A nice big one that could accommodate 8 strippers and myself.
    I'd pay off all my families mortgages and give them a few quid to set themselves up.
    Ms America time. I'd give a lot to charity too, but none of the ones where the ceo is on a ridiculous amount.
    I'd open a nightclub too. Drinks would be well priced and the music would be good. But not so loud that nobody can hear a damn thing. I'd have a balcony for me above the dance floor and I'd send a body guard down to fetch any lovely girl that I spot that make like to meet Teddy.
    I'd buy copper face jacks and shut it down.
    ... Anyway have to stop dream and go back to work now.

:eek:

• Advertisement

I'd buy 18,000,000,000 cola bottle sweets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

My friends always say "99's all round when we win euromillions". Or as they call them "prize-creams"

foxyboxer wrote: »
    I'd buy 18,000,000,000 cola bottle sweets.
    If you didn't use a calculator to count the zeros I'm very impressed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Finance investigations into top people in this state that FG and Labour won't do!

Top of the list?

Mr Ahern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Set up my parents for the rest of they're lives.

Help a few close friends and relatives out too.

Then I'd probably buy a strip of beach and set up a bar on it somewhere in the Bahamas. Wouldn't buy loads of properties though. Just rent the best of the best wherever I go.

• Advertisement

What will you do with the begging letters?

Well firstly give your postman and the local postmistress something for their extra work

But are you going to read the hundreds or thousands of begging letters? Hire someone to sort them?
    Ignore them? Burn them?

I'm a sucker for the sob story, hand me my cheque book :o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Clear the mortgage along with the mortgages of my 10 closest mates.

Put the rest in the bank so it earns interest whilst heading for a holiday and decide what to do with :)

Ah awoke my dream - back to work :(

180 million euro?
    At least give...
    5 Million to the Crumlin Childrens Hospital.
    5 Million to The National Rape Crises Centre.

I can only dream of winning it...
    (Yes', I've bought a ticket)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Its way too much for anyone, at least for me. I'd keep a bit and give the rest away to worthy causes, like the Merchants Quay Project or the Simon Community.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Vegas Baby, €180,000,000 on 13 Black.

Its way too much for anyone, at least for me. I'd keep a bit and give the rest away to worthy causes, like the Merchants Quay Project or the Simon Community.
    I agree, money doesn't buy happiness.

On the other hand it does buy sex. . . . . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

g'em wrote: »

TeddyTedson as my boss?

Dear God,

Thank you.

g'em.
    I remember the good old days when you used to comment on how polite my PMs were. What happened :p

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭thefishone

1. Tell no one
    2. Open foreign bank account.
    3. Collect check.
    4. Disappear to foreign country.

take family.......mustn't forget family....otherwise the might
    find out and take half.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

I would be out of this country so fast and saying hello new york. I would also help out some familys around the area that need money for there kids.

Buying a Euromillions ticket is simply buying a daydream.

You get to imagine what you would do with the money you won't win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Buy Today FM and hire a new presenter for the 0900-1200 slot.

thefishone wrote: »
    1. Tell no one
    2. Open foreign bank account.
    3. Collect check.
    4. Disappear to foreign country.

take family.......mustn't forget family....otherwise the might
    find out and take half.:D

Be warned (found this out myself though getting divorced) - even though they can take 50% for thats the law in regard to marriage, etc, AFTERWARDS of your legal divorce, if you win, they can still take 50% of your savings interest if they wished to.

Its just a loophole in Irish law that apparently has yet to be closed - it has never been used as far as I know, anyway.

...But if someone in the world won massive money, lord knows, there might be another ex-half which might try such a legal stunt! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

Get it immediately out of Euro and into something like Swiss Franc.

Hire some lads to go across the border, grab Peter Quinn and leave him with a big bow on the steps of Garda HQ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Biggins wrote: »
    Be warned (found this out myself though getting divorced) - even though they can take 50% for thats the law in regard to marriage, etc, AFTERWARDS of your legal divorce, if you win, they can still take 50% of your savings interest if they wished to.

Its just a loophole in Irish law that apparently has yet to be closed - it has never been used as far as I know, anyway.

...But if someone in the world won massive money, lord knows, there might be another ex-half which might try such a legal stunt! :pac:

Hitmen exist for situations such as this,if I faced the possibility of losing €90,000,000 I would hire the ****ing guy who shot Bin Laden for €40,000,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

keep 5 million
    give the rest away

that amount of money is not meant for one or two or ten persons

Hitmen exist for situations such as this,if I faced the possibility of losing €90,000,000 I would hire the ****ing guy who shot Bin Laden for €40,000,000.

Just to be clear: your ex-partner would still be able to still claim 50% of your winnings interest - not 50% of the principle amount. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Facekicker the movie !

Family reunion, big party :)

As I'd be meeting relations that I never even knew existed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

Wouldn't even pay my mortgage id be long gone and since id now be rich they would just write off the money and post me a rolex!

Mansion in Vegas to match with my mansion next to the playboy mansion in LA!.

And help some needy ppl not 1st world needy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭ElectroJazz

Clear the mortgage along with the mortgages of my 10 closest mates.

Put the rest in the bank so it earns interest whilst heading for a holiday and decide what to do with :)

Ah awoke my dream - back to work :(

Jaysus, I'd hate to be your 11th closest mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

I'd become a tax exile :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

id spend about 50 million setting family and friends up.

would put 20 million to charities. not the loser ones. the decent ones.

Id put another 20 million into a private funding for business start up in my local area. since the options available now are so low.

the rest, id invest 10 million in a few businesses and id probably take a long long long vacation with close family/friends.

still leaving me with 100 million, i think id probably just leave it in a bank, and use the interest to help people who genuinely need it. like students who have no financial assistance and who are dedicated to actually get through college and not just drink all the time.

buying my ticket at 5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭thefishone

Just to be clear: your ex-partner would still be able to still claim 50% of your winnings interest - not 50% of the principle amount. :)

That's all right then,had me worried there:D

Just out of interest,is private jet hire expensive:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Lord it over everyone. Theres no way i'd leave Ireland, theres just too many people to rub their noses in it. I would spend feck all of it and be a **** millionaire just to annoy people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

my list

beers , hookers and blackjack :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Be generous.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Finance investigations into top people in this state that FG and Labour won't do!

Top of the list?

Mr Ahern.

You may have to have some laws changed first.
    Still would love to see what they can be charged with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I'd seriously consider signing off the dole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I'd most likely end up like Hans Kristian Rausing, without the dead wife.
    I'd shut myself off from the world and take ALL the drugs. At least for a month anyhow :L

After that I'd buy a giraffe because I love them. And I'd buy a house just for my dog cause I think she'd get annoyed if I didn't.
    I'd buy a huge apartment in Dublin City Centre with a roof and pool so that I could have roof-pool parties.
    Then I'd buy a house for every member of my family in their desired location. That'd be it I think.
    Also, I'd travel to Africa and do charitable things myself because I don't trust proper charities with my money!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

31 posts and no "Lotto is a tax on the stupid?" Wow ! :eek:

My workplace is struggling, so I'd buy the place up and make sure everyone is looked after.

Ha! Good lie, I'd be out of here as fast as my lanky legs could take me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭Paddysnapper

What will you do with the begging letters?

Still keep writing them:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Unless you had a good knowledge of the field, odds are you'd run it poorly and jobs would be lost.

Better maybe to pick one field and concentrate on that one, then sure you'll grow it.

I'd put 50 mill into a long-term deposiot somewhere, and live off the interest.

The other 100mill i'd blow on mindless ****e.

Lodge it in Ulster Bank

Pray they don't lose all record of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Lodge it in Ulster Bank

Pray they don't lose all record of it

like to live dangerously?

you sound like a Quinn :P

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

I wouldnt mind sharing the jackpot with you.

Sales close at 7:25pm

Just adding that to the thread :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Stop, stop, eject him, so to speak.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

First thing would be to find an obliging solicitor who would back date an agreement stating that my family spend €10pw on Euromillions, to which I contribute €5 and my daughter, brother and 3 sister's put in €1 each, and any prize money is divided accordingly. I get €90m and the rest get €18m each. Would not be strictly legal, and would make yer mans garlic scam look like childs play, but could you imagine the tax bill if you tried to gift your family €90m ? :eek: After that, buy an apartment on The World and just chill for a year or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭conorhal

I'm a huge movie buff, so I'd use the money finance and produce two or three movies based on books or scripts that I loved, but which otherwise might not get made, or might get made but would probably end up mangled to suit crass commercial interests.
    I'd use the money to become the next Saul Zaentz, a producer renound for respecting artistic integrity and producing quality films that didn't insult an audiences intelligence. It would be nice to be able to say to an artist like Terry Gilliam for example, ‘go, make whichever movie you want to make next and make it the way you want to.’
    Hell, even if the two or three movies tanked horribly and crushed my dream into dust with each film only making a couple of million at the box office, it’s a worst case scenario that would still leave me rich enough to slink off somewhere to sulk about how modern cinema audiences are all stupid popcorn grazing troglodytes while I count my remaining millions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I'd donate a large portion of it to organisations like the RNLI, coastguard etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement