Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euromillions - What would you do

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

ilovesleep wrote: »
    What time is the lotto draw on at?

I think it's eight ...

But don't get your hopes up, I'm pretty sure I won. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭mightdomighty

Jaysus, I'd hate to be your 11th closest mate.

So would he, awkward

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Buy an island somewhere near Thailand and build a luxury mansion along with private jet and helicopter. Employ a good few thai women to cook, clean, massage etc etc. ;)

Make sure my mother never has to work or lift a finger again. As well as my bros and select members of family.

Buy a penthouse apartment in select capital cities around the world.

Set up my own charities for the homeless and disadvantaged children so that no money is going into some corporate fat cats pockets.

Travel the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

TPD wrote: »
    Bought my ticket this evening.

If I'm the sole winner of the jackpot, whoever has thanked this post by the time of the draw, gets 1000 euro.

/thanks pimping

I wouldn't get out of bed for a grand never mind thank a post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god,

Checked my numbers, and this is my first time doing the euromillions and I won.

I won

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I won

No you didn't...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

I'd buy Janet Evans a "Whinger of the Year Award 1996"

I'd buy three more Gold Medals for Michelle de Bruin.

and I'd buy two gold medals for Wayne McCullough for the bravest performance I've ever seem in a boxing ring in rounds 2 & 3 of the Olympic final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭GaryIrv93

conorhal wrote: »
    Wouldn't a Eurofighter Typhoon give you something of a rediculously unfair advantage in a game of airsoft? I'm just saying.. not very sporting 'ol chap.

Not at all, I'd simply use it for my own amusement for doing stunts and for fast travelling around the world when I feel like it. In that case I might as well get a cheaper and much more versatile Harrier since you can park one of those in your driveway! :D

Good idea though I could modify the Harrier by putting in airsoft / paintball Mini-Guns and paintbombs etc. And hover it over the site. But yeah a very unfair advantage. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I won

It may have been slightly more believable (for about half a second) if you'd typed in the winning numbers on the lotto site, and took a screenshot of the "congratulations" message.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I won

Giz a loan :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Silvics

Hire mercenaries, stage a coup, get the country back in order in 3 months....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ninap

How much tax would you have to pay on 180 million.

I've a feeling you wouldn't see half of that money after tax.
    If you give substanial sums to family and friends and charities, they too will also have to pay tax on their gifts.

Yeah, life's a bitch. Better not to win at all and avoid all the aggravation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

I'd give it all to charity lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Originally Posted by ilovesleep

If you give substanial sums to family and friends and charities, they too will also have to pay tax on their gifts.

Its tax free, you get the full amount.

I wouldn't let anyone know, if crims would risk an armed robbery in a bank for 20 to 40 grand what would they do if they knew a person had 180 milllion in liquid cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I dont wanna check my ticket. I like to delude myself for a while longer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

GaryIrv93 wrote: »
    Not at all, I'd simply use it for my own amusement for doing stunts and for fast travelling around the world when I feel like it. In that case I might as well get a cheaper and much more versatile Harrier since you can park one of those in your driveway! :D

Good idea though I could modify the Harrier by putting in airsoft / paintball Mini-Guns and paintbombs etc. And hover it over the site. But yeah a very unfair advantage. :D

Killstreak Reward :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

thefishone wrote: »
    ...Just out of interest, is private jet hire expensive? :)

Depends on how far away you want to hide! :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,593 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Wasn't won. I won a fiver though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 poshea69

i don't know what i'm goin to do if i don't win it,:D

I've a very specific list of friends who will get as much as they need to end up with a million after tax. One of those friends has a baby who will need care for the rest of her life, they will get another million for their daughter. I have another friend who is undergoing treatment for cancer, she had to travel to Belfast twice a month as the drug is not licensed here, it costs her €500 each time she goes. I would cover all costs until she is better.

My family would just be "looked after".

A huge amount of it (most of it really) would go into charities, children's hospitals & hospices, autism, cystic fibrosis and drug rehab programmes.

Cars. I'd have lots of cars.

Same as most of ye, look after family, friends, fav charities etc. Id give the majority of it away, and Id be glad of the chance to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Am in a work syndicate so will only be about 10 mil each.

:(

Will still find stuff for it though. After buying my house, car, etc, go back to work part time. Buy my mum a house, pay off dads mortgage, set up little bro and sis, and about 1 mil to the Irish Cancer Socirty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

See you all on Tuesday for the €200,000,000 thread,our dreams are still alive, for now...

I've been thinking of this a lot:

I'd give my siblings €1m each, giving my parents €5m each so they can finally retire.
    I'd invest money in charities like Pieta House, Jigsaw, and other ones, to try and better the mental health in this country.
    I'd buy a place in London, New York and Barcelona, and my own private jet so I can move between these every so often.

No idea what I'd do with the rest, probably change a few thousand euros of it into single dollar bills, so I can fill up a swimming pool and have a dip in it. I can't imagine it'd be much fun, or safe, or hygienic for that matter, but I don't care - I'm rich, mother****er.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

I've been thinking of this a lot:

I'd give my siblings €1m each, giving my parents €5m each so they can finally retire.
    I'd invest money in charities like Pieta House, Jigsaw, and other ones, to try and better the mental health in this country.
    I'd buy a place in London, New York and Barcelona, and my own private jet so I can move between these every so often.

No idea what I'd do with the rest, probably change a few thousand euros of it into single dollar bills, so I can fill up a swimming pool and have a dip in it. I can't imagine it'd be much fun, or safe, or hygienic for that matter, but I don't care - I'm rich, mother****er.

If I was your sibling I'd tell you to stuff your million euro up your stingy hole ;):D

Actually I wouldn't. I'd take the million and then never talk to your stingy hole again for the rest of our lives ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

The local GAA club would get €5 million up front and i'd give them half a million a year then to run the club. Liam Sheedy would be instilled as a director of hurling within the club. Dan Breen would be back in no time!

I'd buy an apartment in six or seven major cities throughout the World.

I'd definitely wipe my arse with a couple of 50s for the craic.

I'd probably give the car an auld service too, and maybe even buy a new air freshener for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I'd spend every penny in researching how to remove the chip from the shoulder of every lesbian I know.

Then I'd probably f*ck them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bluecode

Wibbs, a Stuka, no effin way. Far better and more accessible a Hurricane with a cannon. Pretty sure you'll find one somewhere.

Besides I really want an F4U Corsair. It will probably kill me but I will die happy.

Haven't checked my ticket yet, so in my mind. I'm a winner.

Please no one disillusion me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Get concord back flying, and all the other crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

my mam went and bought a euromillions ticket and ended up losing it before the draw! She said that 1 and 5 were the lucky star numbers, I'm convinced we were the winners of €104,769 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

also if I won €180 million, I'd give 5 of my friends €5 million. Then each one of us would buy a league of Ireland club and have a real life game of football manager! First one to get into the Champions League wins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Am I the only one that has resorted to practically anything to win this cash. I'm even trying cosmic ordering...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

keep my car, keep my house, buy a nice place in Alcudia/London. Don't think I'd give my family a lump sum, I would pay their mortgages, and have a trust fund for their and my children's third level education, would support home help charities, Local St. Vincent de Paul, local schools, and families with sick children, setup a youth club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

nbar12 wrote: »
    my mam went and bought a euromillions ticket and ended up losing it before the draw! She said that 1 and 5 were the lucky star numbers, I'm convinced we were the winners of €104,769 :pac:

They do alot of security checks so if someone hands it in you might get your money so how. Not sure how it works, but some fella in the UK tried to claim a winning price of a million, turned out he told some granny she didn't win when he was working in a shop and she asked him to scan the ticket.

He said it was not a winner and took it himself, tried claiming and camel wouldn't give him the price as he didn't know where the ticket was bought, which was a Tesco Extra in England, they must have looked at the CCTV or something. Anyway the granny got her million in the end.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

One does not pay tax on lotto winnings in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Face Kicker.

I'd travel the world and kick people in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Ben Hadad

Apt.

Welcome back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

I would buy all my family and very close friends a car, taxed and insured, and pay off their debts.. I would buy my sister a house and pay for her wedding.. I would pay off my friends mortgage..

I would set up a counselling service for women in Ireland who have had abortions and don't have any access to aftercare, I would invest in Limerick and try to create some work down here, set up charities and organisations to help young people get a qualification or a trade, teaching them programming or games development, or something so they see that there is a life out there for them, and have a scholarship fund for them to go to college.. I would invest in local businesses, find a few senior advertisers and set up a company which they will run, and will hire graduates to help advertise all the companys I invest in on a global scale.

I would donate enough to LAW so that they would have enough to buy a site and never have to turn away another animal.

I would buy myself a house, maybe go on a holiday or two, and then go back to college, because being able to do that without having the added stress of working and paying rent is my dream. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Just to show off how wealthy I am, I would commission lots of very random, very crap pieces of art and place them, at great expense, at pointless places along our motorway network.

Edit: forget that, apparently some twat has beaten me to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

When I win I`m gonna share it with my family, buy stuff, think about what I need to live and administer the rest as a charity - maybe set up an orphanage in a country where children need help. There is no real help needed here I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

I'd be so overwhelmed with all that money :pac:

Would give a bit to charity. ( good deed:pac:)
    Buy a house.
    Give a bit to family.
    Spend the rest on curly wurlys.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Nux

Won €16 quid. Set for life, now to live of the interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Build a very nice house, surrounded by lush gardens, lakes and beautiful scenery (yes, in Ireland)

Friends and family would be well looked after ;)

See all the places in the world I've not yet seen, the poles being first, Brazil next, then a few islands in the south Pacific.

Finally buy the car I've dreamed about from i was knee high.

Helicopter with personal pilot.

live happy ever after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Satts

It appears as though I've lost my ticket now so I don't think it's going to happen for me.:mad:
    I even bought the ticket yesterday in case I didn't get a chance today and then I go and lose 180 million:(:(:(:(

Try the hotpress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

kfallon wrote: »
    Bought my ticket this evening.

If I'm the sole winner of the jackpot, whoever has thanked this post by the time of the draw, gets 1000 euro.

/thanks pimping

I wouldn't get out of bed for a grand never mind thank a post

Didn't win anyway. Thanks for the thanks, suckers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Didn't win anyway. Thanks for the thanks, suckers!

Thanks withdrawn

I'll pm the others to do the same :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

The jackpot tonight is an estimated 180 million euro. I can't imagine having that much money but I'd sure like to give it a try.
    I think we all would buddy!!

Ahhhhhhhh i cant imagine what i would do either if i suddently had that much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Now it's near 200million tomorrow night folks.
    Don't forget to buy your tickets.
    One line with plus is only 3 euro;)

If I win I'll be throwing a party for AH in Fibbers with free drink for the whole weekend, because I reckon a fair few of yous vacate that place fairly regularly.

If everyone wishes really hard that I win it might just come true.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

If I win I'll be throwing a party for AH in Fibbers with free drink for the whole weekend, because I reckon a fair few of yous vacate that place fairly regularly.

Fibbers in Galway?

Advertisement