Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euromillions - What would you do

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Fibbers in Galway?
    Well either that or the one in Dublin. (I think there's two in Dublin)
    I'm not having two parties, there's a recession on and knowing my luck some other little bollocks will win the Jackpot at the same time and I'll have to split the cash:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

You may have to have some laws changed first.
    Still would love to see what they can be charged with.

You think someone in Ireland with that amount of money needs to follow laws? Certainly not apparently if you come from Cavan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

I'd buy 190 million €1 all cash cards to see if I could win more! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

What's the point in winning

Dirty Phil Hogan will introduce a special super-tax and then gate crash Lotto HQ on Abbey St and whip it out of your hands :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

mikemac1 wrote: »
    What's the point in winning

Dirty Phil Hogan will introduce a special super-tax and then gate crash Lotto HQ on Abbey St and whip it out of your hands :(

Before which point I would have already paid someone €10,000 to tell Hogan to **** off, followed by flashing his nutsack at the prick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

If I won 190 million euros, I would collect the check, fly to Switzerland, open a bank account is Swiss Francs and take 2 million euros out. That's the first thing I would do. The 2mill would last me for a few weeks.

After that, I would have had meetings with my financial advisers and I would split the money, set up trust-funds for my family, approx 2-3mill each family and friends, approx 1-2mill depending on my likeness of them :p and their children. Insure them for life, pay their mortgage, buy them a car of their dreams.

Next year during the summer, I'd take everyone I know away for two/three weeks to Spain or Italy for a nice vacation. Basically a family reunion. All expenses paid.

Once all of that has been done, I would have at least 100 million leftover so that stays in Switzerland where the interest rate will give me plenty of cash to spend. With the amount of money I'm earning from the interest rates, I would give it to charities particularly the Deaf Department of Beaumont and Crumlin as I'm deaf. I would give it to the Concorde group who are trying to get her flying again.

Every year, I would select a good few students who are deaf and looking to do engineering (any speciality) and pay them to study, all fees and accommodation paid for.

Seeing that I'm going into my final year in secondary school, I will still go to college. Definitely will look to do something in engineering, mainly aeronautics in the States. Couldn't hurt to spend four years of your life to go to college. After all, it's one of the most significant memories for your life.

Penthouse suites in New York, Hong Kong, Sydney, Tokyo, San Francisco and either Abu Dhabi or Dubai, an island in Bahamas, holiday homes in Spain, Rio, Great Lakes in America/Canada and a ski lodge in either the Alps or the Rockies. I am quite a traveller myself and I love flying.

Buy the fields around the house I live in, get an extension towards the beach and build a ranch for my sisters nearby. Just north of the house, I would build a landing strip for my private jet that will take me everywhere. I'm thinking a Gulfstream IV will sort me out for transatlantic flights. :cool: Can't be stopping in Iceland everytime I want to go to New York!

I think that is a well-though-out plan for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭lecker Hendl

Sort friends and family out.

I'd probably travel the world with whoever wants to come with me. See as many countries and experience as many cultures as humanly possible. I don't think I'd live in fancy hotels all the time too. Nice to rough it with the poories from time to time!

Eventually come home and take up daytime hobbies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Pay off familys mortgages, a few bob to friends and charity. Buy a few nice cars and houses and travel the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Pay off familys mortgages, a few bob to friends and charity. Buy a few nice cars and houses and travel the world

Surprised you didn't say buy a racehorse :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Pay the parent's mortgage, along with the mortgage of all my aunts and uncles. Buy a house for me and each of my siblings, so that we'll always have somewhere to be, no matter what. Buy a car, go travelling. I'd donate to Pieta House, Temple Street, the Mater Cardiac Clinic.

I'd put money into my local soccer club, and I'd buy ridiculous amounts of tickets to support my local League of Ireland Club. Set up a fund so that my siblings (and their kids, and so on) would be able to go to college and set themselves up properly.

Treat my mam and dad, send them to Boston for a few weeks, let them have holidays, God knows they deserve it. Pay their debts, buy them an apartment somewhere for them to be able to relax and enjoy themselves without worrying.

To let my parents not have to worry about anything financial would be a godsend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

DB21 wrote: »
    Surprised you didn't say buy a racehorse :P

I knew the list was missing something :pac: :pac:
    I'd probably buy 4 or 5 racehorses too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Greencrack

Probably build an artificial island in Dublin bay

And fire fireworks at the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,306 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Will donate a **** load to various charities & projects.....

Then get the hell out of this kip!!

Hawaii beckons.... Maybe :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Downlinz

I'd try to find investment opportunities to make more money out of it. Maybe making a video game startup company would be fun.

Ask Conor Mortimer how much it'd take to get him to go back to playing football for Mayo would naturally follow after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Biggins wrote: »
    Finance investigations into top people in this state that FG and Labour won't do!

Top of the list?

Mr Ahern.

Talk about a waste of good money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

listening to fm104 this morning, apparently it costs €158,000 for a seat on the Virgin Galactic to go to space! I'd definitely do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Have to buy a ticket now for tonight after reading this thread.
    Travel the world in style.
    Look after friends and family.
    Pity you have to disclose who you are with the euro million's.

If I win a lot of boardies will never have to do another days work again.... And that's not a dig at the public sector :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

chrismon wrote: »
    Pity you have to disclose who you are with the euro million's.

Nope, you can remain private

But still the cashier in AIB or the clerk in your solicitors office is gonna sell your name to the rags

Ireland is a small place

I always thought you had to go public with the euromillions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

I wouldn't bother coming into work again. I'd just leave and change my phone number.

I'd get my five close friends together and give them enough money so they'd be able to enjoy the lifestyle with me.

Also, I'd clear their debts.

I'd buy a restaurant.

I'd donate money to animal charities, children's charities and cancer research.

I'd go to Las Vegas, Cancun and few other party destinations. Maybe a cruise too.

I'd invest in the Irish film industry.

Not that I've thought about it or anything....

I'd have a few people wedgied who have it coming to them. By wedgied I of course mean killed :D

Bad Panda wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother coming into work again. I'd just leave and change my phone number.

I'd get my five close friends together and give them enough money so they'd be able to enjoy the lifestyle with me.

Also, I'd clear their debts.

I'd buy a restaurant.

I'd donate money to animal charities, children's charities and cancer research.

I'd go to Las Vegas, Cancun and few other party destinations. Maybe a cruise too.

I'd invest in the Irish film industry.

Not that I've thought about it or anything....

can I be one your 5 close friends!? Thanks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

nbar12 wrote: »
    can I be one your 5 close friends!? Thanks :D

Well...it would be fun to cut one of my actual friends out...just for sh!ts and giggs!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

One of the things I would do is buy the TV rights off TV3 so they wouldnt be allowed to show GAA matches anymore and give them to TG4 instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

- Leave the country for somewhere warm and sunny before I'm liable for a penny of tax here.
    - Employ a very talented young lady as my PA to continue writing begging letters.
    - Send weekly postcards of my tanned ass to all my enemies.
    - Make an eccentric and cryptic will.
    - Die of alcohol poisoning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Buy a motorhome and drive around the States for a few weeks, then decide what to do with the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

We're looking at 190 million so i'd set up my family and friends, should leave me a good 100 million, lock 30 or 40 million away to protect me from my own stupidity and then i would spend like the world was going to end next week. I'm 38 now so basically i'm aiming for a top drawer, year round holiday of roughly 40 year duration. I'd get maybe 10 houses in places i like all around the world and travel from one to the other as i saw fit, hotels every now and then for a change of scenery.
    I would have absolutely zero interest in any investments or business ventures - i only work to pay my way in the world, if i didn't need to do that i'd quite happily retire today. If you have 100 mill in your back pocket, you don't need any more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I'd become a Philanthropist. Sure I'd have a nice time and help friends and family on a relative basis- some will deserve more help than others.

When you come into that much money I believe you have a responsibility to help others and that's what I'd do. It wouldn't be handed out willy nilly- a lot of thought would go into where it could best be used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

Money straight into a Cayman Island account and out the gap and buy my own little island for family and a few lucky friends.

if I do win the €190,000,000 tonight (look at all those zeros :pac: ), I promise to reinvest it into the Irish economy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

nbar12 wrote: »
    if I do win the €190,000,000 tonight (look at all those zeros :pac: ), I promise to reinvest it into the Irish economy

Mate, you are in it for a huge bankruptcy. You'd be the next Sean Quinn without doubt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Oh god even more money and even more disappointment tonight (probably) :L
    Was discussing it with my friend yesterday and id buy the biggest gaff ever for me and her to live in and I'd buy a house each for my family members. I'd also buy cars for everyone :L
    I'd have to buy a bugatti veyron and a Aston martin DB9 because I love them.
    I'd probably still go to college but not this year, I'd wait and buy myself into a private college somewhere not necessarily in Ireland. I'd move to Norway and find a massive house with a view of a fjord too. I'd also set up a decent night club in Dublin because there are literally none, theyre all terrible! Dont know what I'd do with the rest. Probably piss it up a wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

- Hire a huge yacht and throw a lavish party for friends and family.
    - Look after friends and family.
    - Move to a tax haven, most likely the Caymans.
    - Travel wherever I like and take in sights.
    - Buy houses/villas throughout the world and hop around at my will.

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Mate, you are in it for a huge bankruptcy. You'd be the next Sean Quinn without doubt!

yeah but I won't cause people to lose their jobs unlike that pr1ck

• Advertisement

190 million is too much money for one person to win. I think I'd like to start a software company.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

€189,999,999 to my chosen charity, I will be happy with €1 change.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

Clear the mortgage along with the mortgages of my 10 closest mates.

Put the rest in the bank so it earns interest whilst heading for a holiday and decide what to do with :)

Ah awoke my dream - back to work :(

On 180m quid? You scabby bastard!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

I have to laugh at some people saying they'd only keep a certain amount and give the rest away, unfortunately with money brings greed. the more you have the more you'll want.

I would look after family and friends buy houses cars planes the lot but id also need to set up some sort of business to keep me occupied or id be dead within a year from non stop partying.

Oh yeah and id finally clear that Credit Union loan off :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I have all these urban renewal plans for my winnings. Community facilities and the like.

I know, I know. It would be wasted on me.

• Advertisement

I promise if I win to give a few quid to Barnardos.
    They do some great work.. <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

I promise to give a few quid to the Mercedes company they make great cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

You'd have to give money away to family.

But, get them to sign a legally binding contract that if they get in trouble with the law or addicted to drugs say, then the moolah will be taken away immediately.

You don't want them going all Tony Montana like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

I would pay someone to fellate me morning noon and night, all day every day seven days a week so I would no longer have to fellate myself.

Id probably lose all track of reality and have great fun doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

They started out selling kids to the Canadian government for farm labour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35 Koshea

190 million?

I'd set up everyone around me (friends and family members) so they wouldn't have any mortgages/loans to pay ever again. Set up at least 5 or 6 companies to give at least a couple of hundred people jobs and treat them fairly, akin to Branson. Set up a record label promoting Irish bands worldwide based on concert appearances, not record sales, pump a good bit into alternative energy research, Couple of million each to a few charities, go on an absolute bender for the week/month, then...

Buy a nice car and drive until I get bored (that may be in Nobber or it may be in Yemen or hawaii (who knows, and yes it might be one of Séamas Ó'Bhondaigh's Lotus's to circumvent ferries) come back, Buy an island off the coast of Clare/Kerry/somewhere in the west and flood it with chickens, 1000s of them, and start a paintballing arena, free for all but you've to collect 4 dozen eggs before the boat back to the mainland on a Sunday evening and take a picture within a weeks time of them giving the eggs to someone less fortunate

Find someone who looks completely different (red haired, one eared midget perhaps) and pay him to wear a cape and crown, drive around in a Ferrari boasting to everyone he'd won the euromillions but he can never find a hat to fit him and that it makes him feel inadequate therefore he's to go into surgery next week to have a breast implant inserted onto his scalp to make a normal hat fit, then, when someone points out that he can always get a hat made for him, he will give them €350 for pointing this out and sh1t himself with happiness. (will be reimbursed on receipt of sh1tty jeans)(actually no need for the ****ty jeans, he can keep them, just a picture of the shocked face)

Go back to college and study, become an expert in a field and pretend to be slightly insane but everyone will ignore it as I'm a genius and they'll listen to my stories of chicken paintballing islands just to hear my analysis on a certain topic (to be decided) at the end of a lecture/talk that they've been waiting more than 2 hours to hear.

Yeah, I'd get ossified.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Wouldnt tell a soul (if possible) Then i'd fuck off abroad, I'd send a bit of money to family naturally and look after them. Probablly take up crack, who knows.. the world would be my oyster.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Where can I buy officially online euro millions lottery as Im outside EU, I looked up and tbh they all look a bit dodgy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement