Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SABB suspected cable fault

Options
  • 03-08-2012 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, I recently replaced my old bell box with a HKC SABB because of intermittant alarm activations, I put it down to the bell as it had been there for over 22 years. However the problem persisted & I now suspect I have a problem with one of the 6 cores (tamp return, yellow) of the cable going to my HKC SABB. Tamper Bell Box is showing up constantly on the panel & I have stuck it into engineer mode for the moment. I haven't fully tested the cable but will meter it out tomorrow when I have a bit more time. It will be a bit of a pig to run a new cable but I was thinking if it was a cable fault could I use the white core (which is currently the + feed to the strobe) as the tamp return & then take a loop from the + External Bell connection to feed the strobe instead?
    Would appreciate any comments or other suggestions.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes ,you can connect the strobe and bell positive on the one cable to any permanent positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

What is the make and model of your control panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 sherrif

Cheers Koolkid, got it sorted, thanks for confirming that option.

Kub, panel is HKC SW-610.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

sherrif wrote: »
    Cheers Koolkid, got it sorted, thanks for confirming that option.

Kub, panel is HKC SW-610.

I am happy you are sorted, I was considering that you may have had a resistor value issue, but as you have 6/10 thats not an issue.

Advertisement