Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acting in Limerick?

• 03-08-2012 2:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Is there anywhere in town where someone my age(28) can go to get involved in acting? It's something I've always wanted to do and no time like the present really.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

There's an improv troupe called Choke who do gigs. Their members also perform/write/direct plays sometimes. They'd know about the acting scene in Limerick. You could look them up online and contact them to ask for info.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

There's an improv troupe called Choke who do gigs. Their members also perform/write/direct plays sometimes. They'd know about the acting scene in Limerick. You could look them up online and contact them to ask for info.

I'd contact centre stage Ireland. I did acting with Richie there for a year. Great teacher and you learn a lot.

I also think orchard theatre company are beginning acting classes soon too.

Check both out in Facebook. Highly enjoyable. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

Check out the Limerick School of Acting. Lots of camera acting! http://www.limerickschoolofacting.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Weirdly enough as I was driving out the Dock road this evening, there were a number of small flyers put up advertising an acting school and/or acting lessons.

There was a contact number and I think a business name on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Limerick School of Acting flyer:

Adult Basic Classes: Wednesdays 7-8. €10 per class. At Pery Square.

More Advanced: Wednesdays 8-9:30. €12 per class.

www.limerickschoolofacting.com to enroll.

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Cheers for that lads, just sent off the form. Ill definitely remember you all when im a huge star in carrigstown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Tinytony

Melion wrote: »
    Is there anywhere in town where someone my age(28) can go to get involved in acting? It's something I've always wanted to do and no time like the present really.

Try city hall. If you run for the council you could get to act the idiot for 4 years and be handsomely rewarded for it :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Tinytony wrote: »
    Try city hall. If you run for the council you could get to act the idiot for 4 years and be handsomely rewarded for it :cool:

That's not true at all!!

It's 5 years!

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement