Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facebook app on S3

• 03-08-2012 3:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

Anyone else experiencing force closes with this on the S3?

I've never been able to use the app since I moved to S3 from S2.

Whenever I want to post an update it just shuts down.

Therefore I'm stuck using the mobile Web version which annoys me.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I actually just installed it about a week ago and haven't noticed any problem. Stock ICS.

Presume you've tried clearing the app data and/or un-install then re-install?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

I actually just installed it about a week ago and haven't noticed any problem. Stock ICS.

Presume you've tried clearing the app data and/or un-install then re-install?

yeah tried all that. I'm rooted but running stock etc.. Rightly pi$$ed off with the app.

I use the apex launcher...wonder would have be a cause of the problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Friendcaster is a lot better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭stevek93

I just use the browser and have a shortcut on the home screen find the app rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭Daverk

stevek93 wrote: »
    I just use the browser and have a shortcut on the home screen find the app rubbish.
    I agree, not optimised for android at all.Wouldn't think the apex launcher has anything to do with this. The iphone app works fine, but they've a lot of work to do with the android app

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

The app was fine until the most recent update. It's a complete resource hog in this version.

subway wrote: »
    The app was fine until the most recent update. It's a complete resource hog in this version.

Is there a third party app for FB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Friend Caster seems to be popular, I'm waiting for an update, if it doesn't come soon I'll be looking into third party apps myself

subway wrote: »
    Friend Caster seems to be popular, I'm waiting for an update, if it doesn't come soon I'll be looking into third party apps myself

Cool have to have a look at that so. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Craigels

I'm having the same problems as the op since last update it very frustrating I have just been using the website on my phone until they release a new update at the moment it's a disaster.

• Advertisement

Daverk wrote: »
    stevek93 wrote: »
    I agree, not optimised for android at all.Wouldn't think the apex launcher has anything to do with this. The iphone app works fine, but they've a lot of work to do with the android app

Strange how the IOS is working but Android app isn'maybe cause Apple have to have verify the app first before allowing it onto there store?

Craigels wrote: »
    I'm having the same problems as the op since last update it very frustrating I have just been using the website on my phone until they release a new update at the moment it's a disaster.

Try browsing it on opera mini till the app gets sorted or IF I should say.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.opera.mini.android&hl=en

Advertisement