Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog showing teeth and growling at other dog

• 03-08-2012 3:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

So I have an 8 year old dog tara and my brothers dog whose only 1 and a half comes over and they usually run out the back and start playing, tara would then usually bark at him when he gets bored and just stop playing..

A few weeks ago though we had to put down misty our other dog she was 17 and since then tara seems to be a lot more aggressive towards my brothers dog when he comes to visit if the dog dog comes near her she'll start showing her teeth growling and then run at her aggresively.When we bring them out the back tara just seems to have no interest in playing or anything.

Is this something got to do with tara now maybe trying to say she's the dominant dog in the house now? She does seem to be out of sorts since misty died..

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

If your dog shows a sudden change in behaviour or character, it's important to get a vet to thoroughly check her over, including bloods.
    Don't be complicating things by assuming she has suddenly decided to take over your house in an aggressive rage against the other dog... It's more likely that your dog is trying to figure out what's going on with the loss of the old dog.

Advertisement