Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

kindle for android

• 03-08-2012 3:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭

Hi
    does anyone know if its possible to copy a bunch of kindle books i have on my Pc to my motorolo xoom tablet with kindle app installed? cant figure out how.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

If they're connected to your Amazon account they should be available automatically. If not, then you might need to convert them to epub and read them with something like Aldiko or Mantano.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

no not connected to my kindle, I got them from a friend. I can read them on my iphone kindle app by dragging them into Itunes but cant seem to do that with the tablet.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

The best I could do is test on mine if you send me one of the files you're trying to import.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

scrgirl wrote: »
    Hi
    does anyone know if its possible to copy a bunch of kindle books i have on my Pc to my motorolo xoom tablet with kindle app installed? cant figure out how.

If they've been bought from Amazon you should be able to find them under Archive in the kindle app, you can just download them directly from there.

You can email them to your kindle account as well, in Your account -> Manage your kindle -> Personal Document Settings. You'll see a list of devices that you have used with the amazon account, "scrgirl's 3rd Android" would be an example of one and it'll have a "Send to kindle" email address right beside it. Send an email to it with a book attached, you don't need a subject line, and sync the app a few minutes later and the book should be there. Just check on Personal Document Settings that the email address your sending from is on your approved email address, which ever one you use for your amazon account will be there automatically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

Mantel wrote: »
    If they've been bought from Amazon you should be able to find them under Archive in the kindle app, you can just download them directly from there.

You can email them to your kindle account as well, in Your account -> Manage your kindle -> Personal Document Settings. You'll see a list of devices that you have used with the amazon account, "scrgirl's 3rd Android" would be an example of one and it'll have a "Send to kindle" email address right beside it. Send an email to it with a book attached, you don't need a subject line, and sync the app a few minutes later and the book should be there. Just check on Personal Document Settings that the email address your sending from is on your approved email address, which ever one you use for your amazon account will be there automatically.
    Thanks that worked a treat!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Even though it's solved already, for reference, I can just drag/drop any files I have 'acquired' onto my phone by putting the .mobi file in the kindle folder on my phone. It automatically picks them up from there for me once I open up my app, although I seem to remember going into my archive folder to get it for some reason?

Advertisement