Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Weater presenters

• 03-08-2012 3:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

Why the **** do we have 8 different weather presenters on the books at RTE?

7 listed on othe official website below..but there's another young one..karina buckley..

WHY?? :confused:.

http://www.rte.ie/weather/presenters/pres_index.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,905 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Indeed, should just be Jean Byrne in PVC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Nozebleed wrote: »

7 listed on othe official website below..but there's another young one..karina buckley..

To tell us what the weather will be like - It's gonna rain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

are they all on the books at rte, or are some of them meterologists that give weather forecasts and employed by met eireann?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Xavi6 wrote: »

I don't know about that now Xavi. Generally when Jean wears something fúcked up like that, the weather is shockingly bad too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

WHY?? :confused:

Why not?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Should just be Audrey McGrath. Never seen her on the telly but she meets my criteria as far as that picture goes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,905 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

nicklauski wrote: »
    I don't know about that now Xavi. Generally when Jean wears something fúcked up like that, the weather is shockingly bad too :)

Wet like her or...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

+1,000,000

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Keep on packing RTE with weather presenters, the more they have the less likely they'll need to hire Martin King in the future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Wet like her or...?

*shudder

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

yes, if that is what a bodybag is made of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

are they all on the books at rte, or are some of them meterologists that give weather forecasts and employed by met eireann?

as far as I know, RTE only hire meteorologists... tis tv3 that get spoonfed the information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Fúck no... the head on her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Siobhan Ryan. Daycent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Misticles wrote: »
    as far as I know, RTE only hire meteorologists... tis tv3 that get spoonfed the information.

Evelyn Cusack, Jean Byrne, Gerry Murphy and Siobhan Ryan are the meteorologists giving the forecast at RTE - the others are just presenters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

They only need one, preferably with the name Claudia.

This is the best case I can make for Audrey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

If you had bothered to click each pic on your link you would know that they are not "on the books of RTE" they work for Met Eireann as Metorologists and part of the job is present the weather forcast on RTE.
    Fail thread due to lazy research!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Cassidy28

She's very wet alright :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

SocSocPol wrote: »

If you had bothered to click each pic on your link you would know that they are not "on the books of RTE" they work for Met Eireann as Metorologists and part of the job is present the weather forcast on RTE.
    Fail thread due to lazy research!

It's Friday lad!! Will you ever wind down and relax.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

What is "weater"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

buck65 wrote: »
    What is "weater"?

Its weather in country areas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭TheGimp

buck65 wrote: »
    What is "weater"?

It is what culchies who are trying to deny their identity call the weather. They think that by removing the h from words they will sound sophistimicated like "townies" but on occasion they get it wrong.

Shtick becomes stick. Success.

Weather becomes weater. Fail.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Because it would be difficult to find 8 presenters who were all the same person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

just get rid of that ghey lad jerry or whatever that mamies boy's name is the rest can stay

the newer one, not the winker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Sky News has 5 presenters and they are a 24 hours news service. Why do RTE have 7 :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sky News has 5 presenters and they are a 24 hours news service. Why do RTE have 7 :confused:

RTE don't. The Met service of Ireland do. RTE have a contract with the Met to provide the weather content, it's up to the Met who presents it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

foxyboxer wrote: »
    Siobhan Ryan. Daycent!

If she started wearing something from Jean Byrnes wardrobe, then it can rain all it ****ing likes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Enough said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

Just saw Jean Byrne on the six o'clock news and I swear her knockers have got bigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Gerry is sound. I think we would be fast friends. Pm me Gerry, we'll have a pint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

There should be a Karina Buckley appreciation page - she is hot! If she said there was a hurricane heading this way I wouldn't even notice :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

TG4 is the place to go for some proper weather poon-tang. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

FanadMan wrote: »
    There should be a Karina Buckley appreciation page - she is hot! If she said there was a hurricane heading this way I wouldn't even notice :pac:

Sexiest voice in RTE, too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Did anyone see the "ad" they are running for saorview in the form of a "weather forecast" with one of the presenters?

Talk about a total waste of fcuking money...it goes on for 10 mins with ****ty puns about how a new "warm front" of digital signal is sweeping in from the west or some bullshít like that...

But, like a fool, I sat there and watched because I thought, "oh, soarview, I actually wonder when they are switching over completely, I think the aul pair will be wanting a new telly"

But no, not one single fcuking iota of info....it was like they sat in a room and thought, "what's the best way to fill 10 mins of airtime with absolutely nothing in the way of useful info".

Nothing, not even a website. Now I have to go and google "soarview" like some kind of fcuking animal :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

RTÉ only have Met Éireann forecasters for the main bulletins on RTÉ 1. These are employed by ME and not RTÉ. The others are just presenters hired by RTÉ.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

What do the guys think of Jean Byrne?

And what do the girls think of her?

I would yeah

sasta le wrote: »
    What do the guys think of Jean Byrne?

And what do the girls think of her?

I would yeah

Far too old for me. But with the right amount of drink and if it was around 2:30 at night it could be her lucky night :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

honestly don't see the big thing with Ms. Byrne.
    Yeah fair enough after a couple scoops I'd pop her one, but other than that... just no.

None of the presenter on the RTE weather either... at a stretch... perhaps Audrey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

RTÉ only have Met Éireann forecasters for the main bulletins on RTÉ 1. These are employed by ME and not RTÉ. The others are just presenters hired by RTÉ.

Correct. Jean Byrne, Evelyn Cusack, Siobhan Ryan and Gerry Murphy are qualified meteorologists and work for ME on secondment to RTE. The rest have arts degrees and are RTE employees, some of whom were hired in the late 90s/early 2000's when RTE tried to "sex up" the weather forecast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

Jean Byrne mmmmmmmmmm

Is it warm and moist yet Jean

Advertisement