Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driveway Prices

Options
  • 03-08-2012 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

I have an area of roughly 550 SQM between my drive and around the house - what price should I be looking to get Tarmac/Asphalt supplied and laid?. I am based in Kilkenny.

Thanks
    Catskin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CotBC

Can't comment on countrywide prices, but in East Cork I recently got a quote of EUR4,500 for just over 300 SQM including approx 40m of kerbing, some additional drainage, levelling and 3" layer of tarmac.
    Waiting on other quotes for comparison, so not sure how that will compare.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭sheff the ref

Have been looking at tarmac, and the one thing I notice is that with the amount of rain falling, it tends to go shoddy very quickly, promote the growth of moss etc. Some houses that have been done in the last 10 years with perfect tarmac have really gone downhill.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,129 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved to Prices/costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Dubwat

I can't give you proper advice since I'm in Dublin and I don't much about the subject. But I would advise you to get several quotes and keep your wits about you.

I share a driveway with my neighbour. Earlier this year, without telling me, he got a company in to do his half of the driveway. If he'd told me, we could maybe have got a discount for both driveways. Anyways, the company turned up and seemed legit with logos and a landline number on their vans. The boss knocked in at 7.30am and told us he'd do our half for €3,000. We laughed at him. (What else can you do when a stranger knocks on your door at 7.30am and asks for €3,000??) He seemed to be genuinely upset that we wouldn't pay him the €3,000.

The next day, he came back and offered to do it for €1,000 (which now seems about right from the little research I did on boards.ie). We still said no because we didn't think we needed it.

I hope it works out for you.

Advertisement