Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

quality of Apple refurb'd iPhones?

• 03-08-2012 3:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Just 10 days ago I got an out-of-warranty replacement iPhone 4 at a Genius bar while I was over in the USA. The guy assured me that it was "effectively" a new phone - all new bits and bobs and fully tested by Apple.

Today, the speaker stopped working. I only get a faint hiss/crackle for music/ringtones, etc. I've tried the update/restore and it didn't help. Anyway I rang Apple and they're replacing it again (under the 90-day warranty).

2 years ago, I got a 3GS replaced in similar circumstances, and only a short while afterwards (after the 90 days), the headphone socket broke.!

I'm generally fairly careful with them, so its not a case of misuse! I'm wondering if I've just been unlucky with replacement phones, or do people find that the refurbs tend to go wrong more often than brand-new phones?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Essentially they're mostly new parts so they should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Rusty_Mectum

I've visited the apple store online and there's no sign of iPhone refurbs, just iPad, iPod and mac books.

Where can the refurbished phones be found?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

They can't be bought in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Celeron Media

do people find that the refurbs tend to go wrong more often than brand-new phones

It really depends on the parts used and the shop, most apple repair shops use 3rd party repair parts or used parts. I think Apple products are too fragile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Celeron Media

do people find that the refurbs tend to go wrong more often than brand-new phones

It really depends on the parts used and the shop, most apple repair shops use 3rd party repair parts or used parts. I think Apple products are too fragile.

• Advertisement
Advertisement