Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To buy or not to buy in Dunboyne...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Not everyone needs to have a Tesco on their doorstep. Most people drive to the supermarket anyway, so its not exactly an issue if its a few km down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭nemo32

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Yes, I mean within walking distance.

There are no supermarkets.

Yeah I wouldn't be able to do my shopping and walk home with it but I suppose I know what you mean.

Spar in the village is great for all your little bits you need outside of your weekly shop. The biggest Tesco's in the South is 10 mins down the road in maynooth and there is never any traffic.
    And you have lidl and Aldi only up the road in Clonee

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

More 15/20 minutes.
    Unfortunately I have to drive there twice a day.
    DIfferent people have different requirements for where they want to live,not everyone wants to be a 10 minute walk to the train and have everything they need within walking distance ,if they did we would all be living in the same place:)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Guinness69

Great place to live. Has shops lidl and Aldi Tesco in Maynooth, Blanchardstown center 10 min by car. Trains into city are fast 35 min or so. At the moment a house will sell in 3 weeks . Thats the avg at the mo. Great demand for property in Dunboyne. Hope you bought when you were looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Dredd_J

One of the best places I ever lived.
    Loved it there.
    I worked in the city center.
    Commute was roughly 40 mins each way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I think you'd be doing well to achieve 40 mins at peak everyday.

beauf wrote: »
    I think you'd be doing well to achieve 40 mins at peak everyday.

And yet I did. Every day, bar the once or twice every couple of months when a traffic accident messed up the roads.

Dredd_J wrote: »
    And yet I did. Every day, bar the once or twice every couple of months when a traffic accident messed up the roads.

That very impressive.

You're actually beating the direct train everyday on some of the most heavily congested roads in the city.

I'd love to know your route.

beauf wrote: »
    That very impressive.

You're actually beating the train between stations everyday on some of the most heavily congested roads in the city.

Whatever you say. You obviously drive a different way than i do.
    Whats your route and how often have you done it?

Not with you. I don't do it. I just think it would be useful for others, that driving is quicker than the train.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Folks this is A&P, if you wish to discuss commuting times and routes please take it to Commuting & Transport.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Big Davey

Wow thank you for that info as I hadnt heard of flooding in Dunboyne. But as tgis was 10 yrs ago & work has been done to it in the mean time, maybe its a past problem :-/
    They have not moved the river last time I checked Larchfield and the like were ALWAYS flood plains and always will be and you will find selling very hard and insuring totally impossible. I lived in Dunboyne for about 8 years and hated the place it's not Dublin and it's not Meath it's no mans land full of wanna be dubs and wanna be culchies. The pubs can be rough on occasions as the locals DO NOT like outsiders and are VERY clannish. The council estates in Dunboyne have lots of undesirables in my opinion and it does not have the village atmosphere some claim just drive around and night and look at the thugs and thugettes hanging around. Either stay in Dublin and go no further than Clonsilla village or bite the bullet and go 20 mins further out the road to summerhill or trim and get a stunning house in a proper country town/village. Good luck with your search.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Guinness69

Old board I know . Flooding was sorted out a long time ago. Dunboyne is a great place to live in . Great community . Great schools plenty of shopping with the Blanchardstown center nearby also Maynooth and aldi and lidl in clonee. Train service and bus to city no probs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement