Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diversity in Ireland

Options
  • 03-08-2012 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Im doing a project on diversity in Ireland and have chosen to look at Islamic Culture and how it is in Ireland. Any suggestions who to talk to? I am determined not to just look at what the media says and would love to hear from people who will offer real experiences.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

Call in to one of the mosques and talk to people there. Is there a mosque near you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 shirleya

nope unfortunately, i did just move here a year ago so its hard to know where to go. I contacted Islam Ireland but havent heard back in almost a week now. I may just have to go to a bigger city

ps thanks for getting back to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

shirleya wrote: »
    nope unfortunately, i did just move here a year ago so its hard to know where to go. I contacted Islam Ireland but havent heard back in almost a week now. I may just have to go to a bigger city

Where are you based?

Kerry. I actually just found a place in tralee now hopefully someone will get back to me. At the moment I am looking at Islamic art and music its very interesting. I will be looking at cultural differences between western society and the Islamic community hopefully when I get talking to people : )

• Advertisement
Advertisement