Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting software

Options
  • 03-08-2012 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭

For a start up business I am trying to decide what software to use.
    Tas basics is free hence appealing. Has anybody used this and are there any obvious problems with the package?
    Also is there an equivalent wage calculating software for only 2 working directors wage calculation?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Herbalist

Tas Basics is no longer available as a free accounts package in Ireland.

The closest equivilent in the current Tas portfolio would be Tas Firstbooks which is an entry level accounts package and will look after all of the basics from invoicing to vat.

In the Sage Portfolio the Sage One Accounts and Payroll packages were designed specifically for small businesses and start ups. You can avail of a 30 day trial of Sage One.

I am connected to the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭J.Ryan

Tas basics is free hence appealing. Has anybody used this and are there any obvious problems with the package?
    Also is there an equivalent wage calculating software for only 2 working directors wage calculation?

Thanks

Depending on the number of transactions a spreadsheet maybe best.

For payroll, I recommend collsoft to my clients (when I'm not doing their payroll), I think the non-bureau version is €140.00+ VAT per annum, no special stationary needed, if it is a 2 employee company running monthly payroll with no changes to the gross pay, you may even get someone with a bureau version of a payroll software to run it for cheaper than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭billybunty

Thanks
    Tas is ok. Would recommend quicbooks though as easy to use& can export reports to excel etc. there is also a free microsoft package, cant remember the name but its like the format quickbooks uses.
    Sage quickpay for up to 3 ee's is free & easy to use/download. But as directors would you not be better off taking drawings and add these to your individual tax returns?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

billybunty wrote: »

But as directors would you not be better off taking drawings and add these to your individual tax returns?

I am new to all this- I don't understand the difference between 'taking drawings' and adding them to tax returns and taking wages?

Its a huge learning curve so thanks again for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Desailly

I would recommend BMS Payroll. I have only started using it this year, but for €52 + vat for the year you really cant go wrong. Does all the audit reports I need and also does not need any pre-printed stationery. Their website is www.bms.ie. I think you can also download a free 2 month trial.
    They do accounts packages aswell, but I dont know anything about them

• Advertisement
Advertisement