Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Usage Charge

Options
  • 03-08-2012 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭

Can someone tell me if you fall into the low usage charge are you charged it for every day of the bill or do they say for example you have used 60 units which covers 30 days so you will be charged the LUC for the remaining 30 days of the 60 day bill

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi fritzelly,

It would be for the full billing period in question; if a customer uses below 2 units per day, averaged out over the period the invoice covers, then the charge would apply for each day of that billing period.

Just a bit of general info; The low user standing charge is an additional 15.5c (incl. VAT) per day or €9.45 (incl. VAT) per two monthly bill (based on a 61-day billing cycle). It should only apply to a minority of customers, mainly vacant premises (the usage threshold is seven times less than the average residential usage), and does not apply to the following customer categories:
    • Customers who receive a Free Electricity Allowance
    • Customers on Household Budget Plan and Pay As You Go meters
    If you have any other questions I'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭grange mac

Hi fritzelly,

It would be for the full billing period in question; if a customer uses below 2 units per day, averaged out over the period the invoice covers, then the charge would apply for each day of that billing period.

Just a bit of general info; The low user standing charge is an additional 15.5c (incl. VAT) per day or €9.45 (incl. VAT) per two monthly bill (based on a 61-day billing cycle). It should only apply to a minority of customers, mainly vacant premises (the usage threshold is seven times less than the average residential usage), and does not apply to the following customer categories:
    • Customers who receive a Free Electricity Allowance
    • Customers on Household Budget Plan and Pay As You Go meters
    If you have any other questions I'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

David.
    i think the charge is the biggest load of crap!!!! i am a farmer who dont live on farm and always had small bils as was just used for lights and fencer....now my bill had doubled to 20pm!!!! nonsence .....so cross with ye!!!!! so much for being kind to the enviroment and not using elec!!! yere just trying to screw the public more to pay for yere massive 100k pa salaries!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

So if I am only 1 unit under the average for the billing period then i pay an extra 10 euro???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭Heroditas

grange mac wrote: »
    i think the charge is the biggest load of crap!!!! i am a farmer who dont live on farm and always had small bils as was just used for lights and fencer....now my bill had doubled to 20pm!!!! nonsence .....so cross with ye!!!!! so much for being kind to the enviroment and not using elec!!! yere just trying to screw the public more to pay for yere massive 100k pa salaries!!!!

If you feel so hard done by, just move to one of the other suppliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭grange mac

Heroditas wrote: »

If you feel so hard done by, just move to one of the other suppliers.
    if....hello who are u ....not all of us hav money to throw away!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭Heroditas

if....hello who are u ....not all of us hav money to throw away!!!

Hence why you should move to a cheaper supplier. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

fritzelly wrote: »
    So if I am only 1 unit under the average for the billing period then i pay an extra 10 euro???

Unfortunately yes, if you fall below the 2 unit average per day. However, if the reading shown on the bill was estimated/incorrect, you can always contact us to have the reading adjusted (or do so online, or by using our Meter Reading App), and if it turned out that your usage was in fact above this average we would reverse the charge.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement