Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remove Deleted Visitor Message (Placeholders)

Options
  • 03-08-2012 5:24pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

A question within the Moderators Forum churned out a particular problem that hasn't really had any light shed on it beforehand.

Quote:
    RopeDrink wrote: »
    "Removing" Visitor Messages is one thing...

Putting up with this eye-sore is another...

picture.php?albumid=871&pictureid=13595

Someone has an issue where even though they had 'deleted' their visitor messages, they weren't really gone, so I took a screenshot of my own to see if we could confirm if this was the same issue said person was having.

In short, deleting Visitor Messages seems to leave an un-removeable and un-editable placeholder simply to remind you that you had deleted messages... It makes for a very ugly space on the bottom of your profile if you have multiple deleted messages that you can't 'really' delete fully.

There isn't even an option to undo the delete, or 'hide' deleted messages as far as I've seen - This has led to myself and some others permanantly turning off the visitor message feature (which gets rid of it) purely to be rid of the eye-sore, as opposed to a lack of want of visitor messages.

Would it be possible to have this changed so that deleted messages are actually DELETED rather than leaving behind these ugly breadcrumbs?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

Yeah this has been raised before. It's pretty stupid alright, I'll try to take a look at it when I'm back in the office on Tuesday, if there's a way I can fix it in under an hour it'll be done, otherwise I'm afraid it will have to join the queue with the hundred other things I'd like to fix!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Feature implemented.

Danny

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement