Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Looking Nation in Europe

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    How am I been insulting or condescending to Irish women? There's nothing wrong with a bit of competition. And I was only talking about dress sense.

Well thanks for clarifying the dress sense issue,.. Ladies if you want the attention of an Irish man keep up with the foreign competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

mattjack wrote: »
    Well thanks for clarifying the dress sense issue,.. Ladies if you want the attention of an Irish man keep up with the foreign competition.

Or they could just go for a foreign man. There's nothing wrong with diversifying the gene pool. Variety is the spice of life and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

For me its a toss up between Poland and Czech Republic. There seems to be no such thing as obesity in those places.

it all started after the war, and a lot them kind of look the same. the nose, the smiley wide expression. them generals got to pick the best of them.
    i met a polish girl in liverpool, came back to dublin next day and met a slovakian lad and i could swear they were twins! happens a lot. like as if theres 3 gene pools, similar situation in Greece, 3-4 groups.

anyways

i said Norway, followed by Holland and Denmark.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

Well if Irish people keep breeding with sexy foreigners then 20 years from now Ireland will be one of the best looking nations in Europe.

well going by that Americans must be the most beautiful in the world, but there is a lot of dogs there,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

Yes but even more so now. I've noticed since the influx of foreign beauties, Irish women have upped their game. :)

If you say so!

Grayson wrote: »
    Not quite sure what you're on about. I'm Irish and was born in England. The two countries I said weren't that good looking. I'm not sure at what point I said I wasn't Irish or English. You seem to think I did. I think you're looking at my posts and reading what you want to.

You're the one that said that a lot of people on this thread have an inferiority complex.

Well, in the post you quoted I was talking about Irish people in general who are possibly self-hating. I wasn't talking about you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Sea filly to the rescue of most Irish people, especially the wimmins. :D

well going by that Americans must be the most beautiful in the world, but there is a lot of dogs there,

America is a huge country though, not to mention all the unhealthy food and huge portions they have there. There's a lot of obesity there.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

and sexy foreigners will want to breed with sexy people, so if irish aren't sexy then that's not going to happen. i know lots of foreign people here, but the majority are in relationships with their own or with other nationalities, not many irish. those i've met that are, well, they aren't sexy people put it that way. their own didn't want them so the irish took them in cos well they're foreign.

Varied wrote: »
    Sea filly to the rescue of most Irish people, especially the wimmins. :D

MMMkay.
    For heaven's sake, who cares? Just go out and find a girl or guy you like, and hang where they're from, and this schoolyard silliness.

This.

• Advertisement

How am I been insulting or condescending to Irish women? There's nothing wrong with a bit of competition. And I was only talking about dress sense.

I think you're seeing what you want to see. Irish women have always dressed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Toss up between Bosnia and Croatia for me. I was always told we are all beautiful and unique in our own way. That was the first of many lies followed by santy, god and the easter bunny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

VEN wrote: »
    and sexy foreigners will want to breed with sexy people, so if irish aren't sexy then that's not going to happen. i know lots of foreign people here, but the majority are in relationships with their own or with other nationalities, not many irish. those i've met that are, well, they aren't sexy people put it that way. their own didn't want them so the irish took them in cos well they're foreign.

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

The Dutch

look at the Dutch women's Hockey team for proof:p

blonde hair, lovely tanned toned legs mmmm

god i wish i was their pyhsio

btw - one of them is called Van Ass:D and guess what..she's got a fine ass

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Actually look at Brazil - a real melting pot of races and ethnic groups and every shade of skin tone from the deepest black to the palest white and that country has an unbelievable amount of stunning looking men and women.:D:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

The best looking would be the Bosnian women, their sheer consistency of gorgeousness is unreal. They have the most amazing bodies, asses and faces of the lot.

But in terms of over all character and physique, the spanish women.

Men - Polish..Hahahahahhahah...jk, Italian.

Sea Filly wrote: »
    I think you're seeing what you want to see. Irish women have always dressed up.

If you say so. I do recall a period of pajama wearing women in Dublin's shopping centres at one point. You wouldn't see that on the continent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

If you say so. I do recall a period of pajama wearing women in Dublin's shopping centres at one point. You wouldn't see that on the continent.

I don't know if i mentioned it earlier, but when i was in holland the only person i saw in a tracksuit ran past me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 wolf 999

has to polish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

wolf 999 wrote: »
    has to polish

Would you not do some of the housework yourself?

Would you not do some of the housework yourself?

So all Polish women are submissive doormats who stay at home in the kitchen? Ahh sure that only sweetens the deal. Polish birds all the way so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Scandinavian women are hottest.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

guitarzero wrote: »
    But in terms of over all character and physique, the spanish women.
    They're just as variable in looks and physique as Irish ladies. Plus I've found them waaaay more emotional high maintenance, even needy as a cultural thing(generalisations aside of course)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭jan shyr

Germany.

I like it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Ireland.
    I love fugly, fake tanned women who wear green eye shadow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

balkan women all the way

Wibbs wrote: »
    They're just as variable in looks and physique as Irish ladies. Plus I've found them waaaay more emotional high maintenance, even needy as a cultural thing(generalisations aside of course)

Ahh now come on! Surely the Spanish are a bit more tanned than us Irish - and don't get me started on the high maintenance thing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Ahh now come on! Surely the Spanish are a bit more tanned than us Irish
    Oh sure a bit of colour makes a diff, but that also depends on your thang too. Some prefer the pale vibe, some prefer tanned. Some like icy blondes, some like dusky brunettes(goes for both genders. Plus some Latins are darker by nature, quite a number aren't particularly. If they spend any length of time here they can go as pale as some of the locals. The diet is generally better than here(smaller portions as much as the quality involved), though IMH heat makes a diff. You're not likely to be turned on by a plate of heavy food if it's hot. If it's very cold you burn it off. We're kinda in the middle. You're also more likely to have your bits out in a sunny type climate(even if it's only in summer, like in Scandinavia), so there's more focus on that, which helps both genders. I'd add that more people walk than here. Most countries have a better public transport situation so the car gets left home more and most countries live in higher population desnities in the cities so walking makes more sense(you can see similar even in one country. New Yorkers are more likely to walk compared to say LA which is more spread out where a car is damn near a requirement).
    and don't get me started on the high maintenance thing.
    Well that's been my general experience anyway. I've found in general Irish ladies to be less "needy" than Latins. Your milage may differ of course.

Standing back I see a lot fewer diffs than some seem to regarding this kinda boring at this stage us versus "foreign". Selection bias is a biggie, as is novelty.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I think it has to be Sweden.

It's not. Trust me on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Roadtrippin

Pottler wrote: »
    Flemish is Norway? Or Norway are nicererest? Geography is not my strongest suit, in fact, I'm still looking for my strongest suit. Using a hammer appears to be a leading contender though.

Oh dear... someone should do a poll on how many people in this thread know where Flemish people come from. A simple google would suffice :P

• Advertisement

Hottest nation... Mmmh. Another one of those threads :D

So, the majority here likes Swedish/Norwegian/Scandinavian women?
    Have any of you lads that like them ever been in Sweden? Quite a variety of women there as well. (and before you say anything - I have and also lived with a Swedish girl)
    Most countries have a mix of goodlooking, average and not so attractive people like anywhere really.

When guys say they like Swedish women, what they really think of is a clichee of a Swedish women, i.e. tall, long legs, big b...s and blond hair (and for some reason some Irish lads think they're easy as well which is BS).
    In reality it's a different story! Some of them are rather pretty and others are average but that's the same as everywhere else.

Think Irish lads just like the 'exotic factor'...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭brimal

Grayson wrote: »
    But if Israel was, they'd probably win. They are hands down the best looking women I have ever seen. They even manage to look hotter with Uzi's.

Only in Israel..

Most countries have a mix of goodlooking, average and not so attractive people like anywhere really.

Obviously there's good and bad everywhere. Some nations are a lot more healthy than others though. Ireland is the second fattest country in Europe after England.

Obviously there's good and bad everywhere. Some nations are a lot more healthy than others though. Ireland is the second fattest country in Europe after England.
    Yet Spaniards have the fattest children believe it or not. So in a few years that's gonna translate to adult Spaniards.

BTW you're a bit out on your stats. Ireland is just below Spain in obesity stats overall and significantly below the UK
    Obese make up nearly a quarter of all UK folks, compared to just over a tenth in Ireland. We're below the Czech republic too where it seems according to some in AH they're a nation of whip thin models. It seems if you like them skinny Switzerland is the place to go in Europe. Italy another one.

Yet Spaniards have the fattest children believe it or not. So in a few years that's gonna translate to adult Spaniards.

BTW you're a bit out on your stats. Ireland is just below Spain in obesity stats overall and significantly below the UK

Obese make up nearly a quarter of all UK folks, compared to just over a tenth in Ireland. We're below the Czech republic too where it seems according to some in AH they're a nation of whip thin models. It seems if you like them skinny Switzerland is the place to go in Europe. Italy another one.

Well not according to this: http://www.businessinsider.com/fattest-countries-in-europe-obesity2011-9?op=1

On another poll we rank 6th in the world so its hard to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Well not according to this: http://www.businessinsider.com/fattest-countries-in-europe-obesity2011-9?op=1

I don't think you could rely on the accuracy of any of these. Where exactly does the information come from? You don't exactly fill it out in the census.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Dutch men are very good looking generally. I also think us Irish are too hard on ourselves. I see very attractive Irish people every day, some women may rely on make up here but generally I think Irish women are very pretty, soft features. We don't have the striking bone structure that only nationalities have but we're not a bad bunch

I don't think you could rely on the accuracy of any of these. Where exactly does the information come from? You don't exactly fill it out in the census.

Well where does any information come from? How do we know the population of the earth? How many babies are born each year? What percentage of Irish like it doggy style? etc etc...

Well where does any information come from?

The census
    How do we know the population of the earth?

The census

How many children are born each year?

The census

What percentage of Irish like it doggy style? etc etc...

We ask yore ma!

If it's very cold you burn it off.

Cold weather makes feck all difference to how many calories you burn.

• Advertisement

Exactly. I don't remember ever contributing to a survey of that nature.

Cold weather makes feck all difference to how many calories you burn.

Very true, if anything cold weather contributes to weight gain. The only way you'd lose weight in cold weather is if you were shivering constantly.

Your stats sound plausible to me.
    My impression has also been that a lot of Swiss and Austrian girls and guys are very fit! Everyone there that I ever met is into some sort of (often outdoor) sport and generally pays attention to their diet.
    IMO Spanish girls are often pretty and some very petite/skinny but you can find the polar opposite to that as well there.

I don't believe that... Where do you take these numbers from?

Very true, if anything cold weather contributes to weight gain. The only way you'd lose weight in cold weather is if you were shivering constantly.

Exactly. If you're exercising outdoors in winter, the shivering will stop once you start warming up. Shivering does cause your basal metabolic rate to rise a good bit but you're not going to be shivering for long usually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭RumDrinker

mattjack wrote: »
    When did Israel move to Europe ?
    Came with Eurovision

Nowhere, apparently!

Exactly. If you're exercising outdoors in winter, the shivering will stop once you start warming up. Shivering does cause your basal metabolic rate to rise a good bit but you're not going to be shivering for long usually.

INTERNET HIGH 5 FOR BEING CLEVER!

I've already provided the link.

Just spotted the link there. I don't know how good of a source that article really is to be honest.

I reckon you have a mix of people here - very fit, average and then maybe some rather unhealthy, obese people as well. I find a lot of Irish are into the outdoors and walking or team sports. On the other hand you'll probably find a lot of people "fond of a few drinks" here as well, meaning a bit too much than is good for them. I reckon alcohol would be a major contributor to obesity problems here if your numbers are true because not only does alcohol provide a lot of empty calories and make you gain weight by damaging your liver if you have too much but it also gives you the munchies! :D Or at least that's my experience... After a long night out all I want is some coleslaw &chips! :D

• Advertisement

Did you reply to this survey, Davey? 'Cos I sure didn't!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement