Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going Into Third Level Education From PLC - BTEA

Options
  • 03-08-2012 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,

Im just after finishing a PLC (2011 - 2012) and got the back to education allowance last year. Because it was a PLC I didn't get a grant and borrowed money to pay my fee's.

I got accepted into a course in DIT this year and wondering how I go about applying for a grant to pay my fee's? Im not looking for maintenance grant just a grant for fee's.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Black_Ninja

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Apologies if I've asked this before! :o But are New-Student Maintenance Grants per se, not done away with??

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

Apologies if I've asked this before! :o But are New-Student Maintenance Grants per se, not done away with??

you must apply for the grant in order to have your fees paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 breda finn

hi why did you have to pay fees for plc if you are a mature student and on to btea fees should be covered

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

breda finn wrote: »
    hi why did you have to pay fees? For plc if you are a mature student and on to btea fees should be covered

It depends on the fee. Medical card holders and grant recipients are exempt from the €200 Govt fee. PLC colleges usually need to charge a fee for materials, books, lockers etc and everyone has to pay this. This fee is usually around a few hundred and depends on the course being studied.

If you are on BTEA, you are already getting a payment for attending college and don't get a grant on top of it anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 breda finn

hi if you were on vtos plc you should only have paid reg fee about 200 euros
    and then you get 300 euros from btea to cover your materials

Advertisement