Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M.I.A. cover

• 03-08-2012 8:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

Trap Door covering M.I.A.'s "Paper Planes"
    Recorded by Second year part time Pulse Recording College students in Windmill Lane studio 2.
    Mixed at mastered at Trackmix.
    http://snd.sc/QA3gAm

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

Needs more cowbell.

You should have added gunshots and the cash register.

And **** your mother. A beep over the f- would have been fun too. it would stick out much more. Then his muffle wouldn't sound like a drawback.

love the kick 6. to 9 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭trackmixstudio

Cheers.
    We got close to the gunshots with snare compression.
    Didn't want to use any SFX.
    The singer did the f*** your mother on the guide track but was going to leave it out on the vocal take.
    I talked him into putting it in and I'm glad I did. Really catchy.
    I love the way they go into the Clash song (that the M.I.A. track is based on) in the middle.
    The original is great, especially the lazy vocal, but I think the band did a fantastic job on this.
    I am really proud of the students who did a great job recording this too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

Cheers.
    We got close to the gunshots with snare compression.
    Didn't want to use any SFX.

What is it with these kids. It's all knit your own cardigan and bake your own brown bread.

The singer did the f*** your mother on the guide track but was going to leave it out on the vocal take.
    I talked him into putting it in and I'm glad I did. Really catchy.

Yeah that's a really good twist on it.

Sounds like a good underground indie disco hit, if they went balls out on it - and if the backing chorus was like a football chant.
    I love the way they go into the Clash song (that the M.I.A. track is based on) in the middle.

That is cool.
    The original is great, especially the lazy vocal, but I think the band did a fantastic job on this.

The vocal has a lot of character. A 2 minute and a bit version would sound great on phantom. ...And at second division football club stadiums.

More ragged Clash call and response like.

A few Strummer screams would be killer.
    I am really proud of the students who did a great job recording this too.

I'm proud of these kids too.

Advertisement