Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Applications won't open in iPhone 4s

• 03-08-2012 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭

Hey, I tried searching this on the forum here but none of the solutions worked.

I have an iPhone 4s with iOS 5.1.1. Software is up to date.

Basically, anytime I try to open an app, the screen flickers for a moment and then returns to the home screen without launching the app. This applies to all apps, regardless of developer or when I downloaded it, etc. The only apps that work are the default Apple apps that came with the iPhone e.g. calendar, camera, etc. I have tried resetting the phone, syncing with itunes, deleting and reinstalling apps, but none of these work.

There is a temporary fix for this, simply download any app from the app store. This seems to trigger some kind of reset and allows all the other apps to be opened again. However, the problem returns if you have to turn off the phone for some reason. Also, I just find it unsatisfying that I have to download an app to fix this problem. Surely there is an underlying issue here and I'd love to hear if anyone knows what the issue is and can provide a solution.

I've searched Apple forums and YouTube for this and it appears to be a common problem but the only solution offered is to download any app. I would appreciate any comments on this, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Have you tried restoring as a new phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

As in restore factory settings? I don't really want to do that, what will the effects be? Will it remove everything I've downloaded and my pictures and messages?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Go to itunes on your pc and connect the phone, right click it in itunes and click backup. A backup will be saved of the entire phone.

Click on restore and then restore as a new phone when the option appears, nothing will be on the phone at this stage but download a few apps and see is the problem still there, if it is you will prob have to send it back to apple. If everything is ok right click the iphone again and click restore from backup, pick the latest one and everything will be back on the phone.

the problem might be still there after you restore from backup if something is corrupted. If you have icloud setup properly you won't lose anything except text messages and notes. You can just leave the phone restored as new and just download all your apps again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

Hey, I just deauthorised and reauthorised my computer on iTunes. That's seems to have fixed the problem. Even when I turn the phone off and back on the problem is still fixed.

Thanks for comments.

Advertisement