Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying in town?

Options
  • 03-08-2012 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

It might seem like a strange question but is there anywhere is Sligo town that someone could go to study?

I have an exam coming up and currently my house is very busy as have relations (including kids) staying over for a few weeks.

I have taken some days off work but need peace and quiet to get my head down to the books.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

HOS 1997 wrote: »
    It might seem like a strange question but is there anywhere is Sligo town that someone could go to study?

I have an exam coming up and currently my house is very busy as have relations (including kids) staying over for a few weeks.

I have taken some days off work but need peace and quiet to get my head down to the books.

Any ideas?

The Libaray at the IT. Charging points at most seats as well if you have a laptop. Dont need to be a student either (unless you require student services such as wifi, printing, copying, borrowing, etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭HOS 1997

Thanks.

I wasn't sure could I use the IT.

Can you tell me where the library is located? And what hours is it opened?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

HOS 1997 wrote: »
    Thanks.

I wasn't sure could I use the IT.

Can you tell me where the library is located? And what hours is it opened?

I was doing a course up there up until May, wasn't through the IT. Unless it changed since we were never questioned by the staff dispite not being IT students, had seen the odd secondary/tech student up there as well. Go up there looking studious and it shouldn't be a problem.

Look out for the 'Fish' structure in the car park. Go through the revolving doors of the main building, up the stairs and turn right. Down the concorse abit and library is on right. Think its open till 9 or 10 weekdays. Alot earlier at weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Only thing though is that it might be very busy with students studying for their repeats.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭slapbangwallop

For the 6 months leading up to the leaving I went and studied in the IT library.

Seems a long time ago now. But it was good and I never got asked any questions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Even if the library is busy just take a walk around and find an empty classroom (should be plenty now regardless of what time of day it is). We used to do this sometimes when we were in college, when we were studying as a group and needed to talk with each other. You probably won't see a soul and if you do I doubt they'd annoy you.

Advertisement