Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water cooling system

Options
  • 03-08-2012 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Hoping ye can help me, currently i have a normal fan assisted build, but i want to convert it over totally to a water cooled system. Now i have experience building computers, iv built all my own previous 5 machines and 1 or 2 for friends.

But i have no experience what so ever for building a water cooled system. Dunno what components i need, i know there are internal radiators and external radiators that can be used. My friend has a big external one.

Currently i have this chassis :http://www.scythe.co.jp/images/xclio/xclio-a380/xclio-a380-300bk.jpg

Not sure how compatible it would be with water cooling or if it even is. If i need to buy a new case i will. Whats the best water cooling systems to go for? Iv done googling and read some reviews but still not sure about it, so figured you guys would be able to advise me accordingly.

I have all PC components already in my current PC i just want to convert over to a water cooling system.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

youre going to need a new case. what specs do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Nirnias

CPU:
    AMD FX-8150, 3.6 GHZ
    RAM:
    16GB 1600Mhz
    GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 560 x 2 (sli'd)

Mobo:
    Sabertooth FX 990

V8 Cooling tower sitting on top of the CPU. And i still sometimes get a temp warning about the CPU. Although i think i might of put the warning in the BIO's and told it to warn me if it hit a particular temp.. Will have to double check that actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

are those gtx560 or gtx560Ti?

ideally, you're looking at 480mm of rads (4.120mm fans)

you can split that up into a 360 and a 120 or 2. 240 etc.

though I suspect that your system will run fine on a single 360, because your GPUs aren't very demanding.

finding a case to do this in is a bit harder, unless you spend big money.

while I'm not a fan of it, the NZXT Switch 810 would be affordable and work well.

I'll throw up a parts list when I'm on my PC. I'm new to this too though so before hitting buy you should wait for a second opinion.

Thanks man,

Yeh they are the regular 560's not the 560Ti's. Couldt justify the hundred euro extra for a small boost in performance.

Ill probably get more than a single 360 as i upgrade my rig regularly enough and dont want to have to keep buying better parts for the water cooling system also.

I might go for the NZXT Guardian instead. Its like 190 euro for the 810 case, not looking to drop that much on just a chassis.

• Advertisement

Anyone else got input for this? :(

Advertisement