Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

has anyone started christmas shopping ?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I already made my list out and im pricing things before the big christmas price hike..

Love the username, I expect to see more of you in here over the coming months with a name like that! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

My partner bought a bottle of Baileys for E13 in Dunnes recently for his dad for Christmas.

Haven't purchased anything myself.

I will buy one thing a week I think from Oct on-wards (unless I see any good bargains before then) rather than go on a big shopping trip in Nov/Dec.

I want to have everything bought and wrapped by mid Dec so I don't have to stress about it any more.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It's September- my Christmas shopping month, woo-hoo!! :D

• Site Banned Posts: 192 ✭✭will.i.am

Toast4532 wrote: »
    My partner bought a bottle of Baileys for E13 in Dunnes recently for his dad for Christmas.

Haven't purchased anything myself.

I will buy one thing a week I think from Oct on-wards (unless I see any good bargains before then) rather than go on a big shopping trip in Nov/Dec.

I want to have everything bought and wrapped by mid Dec so I don't have to stress about it any more.

Whats the sell by date on the Baileys? I have often found Baileys to go off fast!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 vinnyfl

Yes, hate to say I got two Christmas presents at the weekend. It starts so early!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 McGooeyBum

Yup have my niece and nephews present got and wrapped since August. Have the brothers ready to be wrapped. Just have to sort my Mothers this week and I'm all done :D

Won't be around for Xmas so want everything sorted in plenty time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

will.i.am wrote: »
    Whats the sell by date on the Baileys? I have often found Baileys to go off fast!!!
    I haven't a clue what the sell by date is actually, hopefully it won't go off.
    vinnyfl wrote: »
    Yes, hate to say I got two Christmas presents at the weekend. It starts so early!!!
    I am going to Dublin next week so I am hoping to get one or two presents.

I have a family member going to NYC in October, so might get them to pick up one or two things for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I have a few things bought already. I'm concentrating on buying for my nieces and nephews this month because after Halloween the shops will start to sell out quickly so I think with toys the sooner, the better!

This is mine and my boyfriends first Christmas living together so I've bought some new cushion covers, table cloth, hand towels and bed clothes for the festive season so I haven't really bought many presents yet.

I saw a Yankee Candle on sale today (one of the Christmas ones) and I couldn't resist so I bought that too :o Will also be picking up some Christmassy dvd's this month :)

I love Christmas shopping, I can't wait till Halloween, that's when the fun really begins :)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭shelly22

I know its a bit early but I'm starting Christmas shopping in the next few weeks just wondering if anyone else has started

• Registered Users Posts: 5,623 ✭✭✭TheBody

My sister bought the last of her presents during the week!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

There's already a thread on this.....

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭shelly22

leahyl wrote: »

Only 14 weeks to go and if getting paid monthly it's only 3 more pay checks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

shelly22 wrote: »

??? Was that a reply to Leah?...

shelly22 wrote: »
    leahyl wrote: »

I mean there's already an active thread on this so there was no need to start another one :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Threads merged :)

I'm being selfish this month. :p
    I had to get a new jacket, coat, work shoes, some jumpers etc for the winter season and a new hair-dryer was required, so I am working my way through getting all my own necessities and then starting on the shopping later in the month.
    That also gives me more time to decide on people's presents and have it all sorted on paper at least.

I should still be done by early/mid October at the latest this year anyway. :)

Posy wrote: »
    I'm being selfish this month. :p
    I had to get a new jacket, coat, work shoes, some jumpers etc for the winter season and a new hair-dryer was required, so I am working my way through getting all my own necessities and then starting on the shopping later in the month.
    That also gives me more time to decide on people's presents and have it all sorted on paper at least.

I should still be done by early/mid October at the latest this year anyway. :)

You are so organised! I actually don't have many presents to get at all so I'm never really stressed which I suppose is a good thing:)

I have no siblings or cousins, so that cuts down on a LOT of shopping! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭touts

Posy wrote: »
    I have no siblings or cousins, so that cuts down on a LOT of shopping! :D

I have a few cousins. Couldn't give a **** about them. That also cuts down on shopping :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

I love last min xmas shopping :D cold night, lights on, people screaming from the stalls in Dub city center, crowds pushing. Nothing beats it :D
    I always leave it till like a week or two before Christmas, very stressful but I secretly love it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    I love last min xmas shopping :D cold night, lights on, people screaming from the stalls in Dub city center, crowds pushing. Nothing beats it :D
    I always leave it till like a week or two before Christmas, very stressful but I secretly love it :D

I just can't do that, I get stressed enough at lunchtime rush in town!

I actually get very panicked in large crowds, coupled with stress etc. I'm likely to kill someone or pass out.

I know a few people like yourself though, who just get a royal buzz from the last minute-ness which is great if you can enjoy it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

I love waiting until a couple of weeks before Christmas as well. It's so nice going shopping when there's Christmas music playing in the shops and lots of people buying presents and there's that certain feeling when everyone's getting excited about Christmas. And then coming home and wrapping the presents right away. I can't wait. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Not yet no. I've enough going on right now, Christmas shopping is just not even on my list.

November though, when all of the shops have their Christmassy-feel and ambience I will start making a list and will start my shopping then before end-November.

Happy Shopping though to everyone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Oh Joy!!! found the perfect gift for someone who is (nearly) absolutely impossible to buy for! Yeehaaaa!! go me... lol <<<<<Christmas nutter...

I love when that happens! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

last week before christmas is great especially when its cold and your tree is up.
    in the evenings when its raining with a hot cup of tea or dinner and watching the rain. such a good feeling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Normally I would start and finish in October...but I have a few other expenses to sort out, so it'll be November before I start.

boobar wrote: »
    Normally I would start and finish in October...but I have a few other expenses to sort out, so it'll be November before I start.
    Normally I would start and finish in September...but I have a few other expenses to sort out, so it'll be October before I start. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Got paid my overtime this week for the last QTR so I'm using that extra money to buy presents now because for some reason I never have extra money before Christmas! haha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

Doing a small bit today because of the 3 for 2 on toys in argos. A bargain too good to resist!!

Im leaving the rest until the second weekend in december, never left it this late before but started VERY early last year and by the time christmas came along all the spirit was gone and I had a ****e christmas for the first year ever!!!

Advertisement