Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

has anyone started christmas shopping ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 strawberrytart

leahyl wrote: »
    I honestly wish I had more people to buy for - its just my mum and dad cos my brother didn't get me anything last year so I said feck it I'm not getting him anything either!!

Wish I had a special someone to buy for :o Ah well maybe next year :pac:

You do have someone special to buy for Leahyl......YOU!

I always buy myself something i really want.....I wrap it and put on a surprised face on christmas morning and all :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Aaaw thanks guys - ye made me feel better! Maybe I will treat myself....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I always get me a present from me to and it's the best idea cos I always love what I get me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Picked up first present today, only about 20 more to go :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

One more present left to buy and I have a vague idea of what I'm getting that person.
    I also got some more wrapping paper and some ribbons in Dunnes. Getting there! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭repsol

Wife has ALL presents bought ,about 30 in total.All wrapped, put in gift bags ,cards written,the lot. She is gas:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

repsol wrote: »
    Wife has ALL presents bought ,about 30 in total.All wrapped, put in gift bags ,cards written,the lot. She is gas:D

Amazing!:eek: Well done to her! Now she can enjoy the build up to the big day:)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Posy wrote: »
    I still have three presents to get and all my presents to wrap.
    Two are 'no idea' and one is 'I think i have a gist of what to get this person.'
    I really want everything wrapped by the 10th or I'll start to actually panic. :eek:

You want everything wrapped by the 10th of November? I fear to think what you have to prepare for the next month and a half. Must be like a winter wonderland in your house :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Am taking a chance on my parents christmas pressie this year...
    I ordered a Kindle e-book reader from Amazon - the basic model, nothing too 'technologically advanced'. Am now filling it with e-books (lots of free ones available on Amazon - may even splash out on a few bestsellers ;)) and I am planning to give it to them as part of their Christmas pressie. Now, my parents are not tech savvie - at all - so I hope they will use this Kindle and it won't end up being 'loaned' to one of my siblings etc.

I know that they read an odd book now and again, so this could be a super pressie --- time will tell --getting excited now ...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Hoping to make a start this week. I'll be up around the Galway/Mayo area and also in Dublin at the week-end for a flying visit so hoping to get started with my Christmas shopping this week! :)

/now to make a list & check it twice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

Treat yourself to something really nice:)
    Lucyfur wrote: »
    I always get me a present from me to and it's the best idea cos I always love what I get me :D

This year, my present to myself is an Urban Dictionary slang word of the day calendar:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Urban-Dictionary-2013-Andrews-McMeel/dp/1449419887

:D

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    You want everything wrapped by the 10th of November? I fear to think what you have to prepare for the next month and a half. Must be like a winter wonderland in your house :D
    Well I hate being broke in December as well as panicking about what to buy people, whereas if I have everything bought by early/mid November it gives me a good few weeks to build back up the funds! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Well I hate being broke in December as well as panicking about what to buy people, whereas if I have everything bought by early/mid November it gives me a good few weeks to build back up the funds! :)
    This is exactly what I am doing this year.

I've got part of my sisters and my boyfriends presents sorted, going to get the rest done by the end of Nov/start of Dec as I want it done ASAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭skeptik

nearly finished. Just one more pressie for my brother and his gf, one more pressie for the bf and 2 or 3 for my daughter and I'm done. I have all my wrapping paper already so might start wrapping this weekend!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Reading this thread is now beginning to stress me, I haven't began or even know where to start for present shopping! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

All finished!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Have done:

BF
    Most of my mum's
    brother
    uncle
    both grandmothers
    grand-uncle
    brother's GF

2 minor ones (know what I'm getting for them) to go, 1 major (my dad, have an idea but not 100% certain. Also, it might require a little extra to go with it) and an extra for my mum. Then on to my dad's Christmas shopping ;) JK, although that was the case in years past but then I wised up.

Mostly done. Debating how nice I want to go with wrapping this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Is there any online shops people would recommend. I'm looking on amazon but worried about the postal costs. I've never online shopped before :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Places like Play and BookDepository usually have free postage.
    I've used Amazon once or twice so can't really comment on how good/bad their postal charges are.
    I use eBay a lot, which is great, it'll display (most times) how much postage is before you even buy so you can see if it's worth it.
    M&S is good to order, it's free delivery if you order it to a local store (which I've done) or I think it's €4.95 per something to deliver to your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The trick with Amazon is to make sure what you're buying qualifies for free super saver delivery. If your order is over £25 you can select free super saver delivery when you're paying. You can filter your search results so that you only see stuff that qualifies for free delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Have most of my major presents bought or ordered. Granny's and a younger bro's still to go. Very proud of myself actually. Got married on dec17th last year so had absolutely nothing done for last Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

I bought my first one last weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Got my aunt's present and my mother's. Going to be buying either my uncle's or my brother's gift depnding how the funding goes this week.
    I'm limiting things to €25 a head maximun.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

I'm so jealous of you super organised people.

Every year I think I'll start early and the will is there but the decision making sadly is not....what to buy....what if they get it themselves before Christmas etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Vayda

Bought my first gift yesterday, for my best friend's new baby.
    I knew what I wanted to get and found it by chance while wandering shops, last one left on sale. Brilliant. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Me and mammy went in to town on Monday to get a start on stuff :D Have a start made on my brothers' presents, but need to start thinking about everyone else! Time to make a list I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭lennyloulou

between hubbie and I we have 11 nieces and nephews, crazy buying for them all but hubbie insists on something small - Last Jan we bought all the toys in tesco half price toy sale after Xmas. 30e down to 17 or 15 e. we got some at 7e. we put them away in a press.
    this year my inlaws are getting 100e all for one voucher, last year 150e hotel but this year we are cutting back- as it is we dont depend on them for childcare/help- we are fully independent as we live miles away. am dreading my sister in laws demanding some kinda contribution to some travel voucher for thrm, cant afford it, will speak up. They depend on regular childcare from them- i dont see why we would have to get involved. Xmas!!!! can be stressful!
    Anyone know where I could get some quality reduced beauty/gift sets online or in a shop???? Bestfriend presents.
    I have bought 6 tins of biscuits, 1 bottle of vodka, 3 boxes of sweets- all under the bed!!

You know it's a good time to start your shopping when you hear Christmas music in the shops. Boots had All I Want For Christmas Is You on tonight.

You know it's a good time to start your shopping when you hear Christmas music in the shops. Boots had All I Want For Christmas Is You on tonight.
    Oh my God, I have to get to Boots!!!! :D

• Advertisement

Oh my God, I have to get to Boots!!!! :D

And M&S now too. :D

Advertisement