Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

has anyone started christmas shopping ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Whispered wrote: »
    Is there any online shops people would recommend. I'm looking on amazon but worried about the postal costs. I've never online shopped before :o

www.gifts.ie are pretty good, great selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Is there any online shops people would recommend. I'm looking on amazon but worried about the postal costs. I've never online shopped before :o
    Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    www.gifts.ie are pretty good, great selection.

Use parcel motel (details here) :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Finished my Christmas shopping! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MatthewWC

Posy wrote: »

my sister in law finished hers in August..... :rolleyes:

just about to start mine this week, know what to get everybody, just need to find some cash:D

MatthewWC wrote: »
    my sister in law finished hers in August..... :rolleyes:
    I was finished by the first week of September last year. I can't believe how late I was this year! :o:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 MatthewWC

i think it's a bit sad lol, nothing beats a good xmas rush

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I can't bear the crowds and the rush, I get panicked and feel faint. Wouldn't be able to cope with trying to do all my shopping too close to Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I had everything lined up on Amazon, all I had to do was buy the things. ONLY 1 item out of 6 could be delivered to my address. I'm so glad I went to pay for them early because I wouldn't have thought of checking, I assumed everything could be delivered to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Got a few small things, as I am flying home for Christmas and can't have much weight. :)

Knitting up lots of gifts :D

Good idea to knit presents, PP! :)

I had everything lined up on Amazon, all I had to do was buy the things. ONLY 1 item out of 6 could be delivered to my address. I'm so glad I went to pay for them early because I wouldn't have thought of checking, I assumed everything could be delivered to Ireland.
    Ugh, that is so frustrating! :mad:
    MatthewWC wrote: »
    i think it's a bit sad lol, nothing beats a good xmas rush
    I like to be organised and not broke for the whole of December. :pac:
    Plus, I feel sorry for the retail staff. Everyone waiting until the last minute just makes their life so much tougher and more stressful.

Oooooh, I can't wait to start wrapping everything!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

I've finally started Christmas shopping too! I figured December would be a bit easier money wise if I didn't have to buy all the presents then. I'm so excited, I got some great presents. Can't wait to give them. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Shady93 wrote: »
    M&S usually have some lovely stuff, good quality too.

Next wrapping paper is gorgeous and great quality!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

Put amazon.ie into the address bar, it goes to the UK site but only shows items that deliver to Ireland. Or if you're in Dublin, use Parcel Motel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Bought a scarf today that I'm thinking of giving to my sister, but not sure if I should give it to my dad's girlfriend or not? Or just get them a voucher for a local restaurant or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

Trying to get the toys boxed off before I come home for Christmas. Toys.ie (Smyths) dont have half the things Im looking for available on line and Amazon are saying delivery is 422 pounds!!!!! Smyths said most of what Im looking for will be available next week. Still waiting to hear from Amazon.

Edit: Just saw that Parcel Motel post, so going to use that for free Amazon delivery!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Posy wrote: »
    Do you want to finish off mine too?

I still have to get my dads & his girlfriends, my brothers (though I know what I am getting him), some of my sisters, my granny's and some of my boyfriends and my boyfriends family :)

Boyfriend went to Dublin today so we got my mum's sorted :D

I'm finished too! However...I'm very partial to bargains ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I had a christmassy day today! Went to town and got my friends birthday gift (her birthday is Christmas Day!) and town was buzzing! Twas like everybody is getting all the Christmas shopping done now!!

Then went to Mahon Point with mum and was in Home Store (love that place!) - again really busy, like Christmas week!!

So yes that was my Christmassy day :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

done and dusted;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I'm almost done, just one or two bits left to get (I hope!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I need to start :o well I've got my mum and one nephew done but I've loads more

I'm wondering though, is smyths really the best place for value etc?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

I've got a few small things (stocking fillers really)....but I need to get a move on or it'll be panic stations.

I have a busy few weeks coming up in work as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Just finished mine. Okay, so some of it's coming from Amazon, so I don't technically have it, but it's on the way. I hadn't planned on doing any for another couple of weeks, but I was in the States last week and the likes of Walmart and Target have their trees and decorations up and are playing Christmassy songs, so it seemed wrong not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

ChewChew wrote: »
    I need to start :o well I've got my mum and one nephew done but I've loads more

I'm wondering though, is smyths really the best place for value etc?!

3 for 2 in argos!!! Great if you have a decent argos that actually stocks some of the things they advertise!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Lucyfur wrote: »
    3 for 2 in argos!!! Great if you have a decent argos that actually stocks some of the things they advertise!!

3 for 2 is over since Tuesday I think. I checked last weekend because I wanted to get some toys there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Got the gift for my 2 sisters, got a great one for my mother in law, I have 2 bits for my parents hamper and some of my A&PI secret santa gift. I have loads more to get. Gift for our 3 year old godson and for his 1 year old brother, gift for our 5 year old niece, something for my husband (have something chosen, need to find something small and fun to add to it), some nice little bits for the hamper, another one for my SS, something for the doggies, something for the cat and something for my dads mother.

I need to get mooooooving!

• Site Banned Posts: 26 doccbh

It's not even Thanksgiving! Even the American's wait until Black Friday

doccbh wrote: »
    It's not even Thanksgiving!
    We don't have Thanksgiving in Ireland. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

I am nearly finished!

I don't have much to buy really, I am young and have no kids. I buy my father a large present and for my brother and sisters and their kids, I make up each family a little hamper instead of buying individual presents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

Started Friday, almost finished. Have half of my mam and dad's, one of my neighbours and a friend to get and I'm done.

Advertisement