Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hawk flew into window

• 03-08-2012 9:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

Hi

A hawk flew into our window outside about 20 minutes ago, we put it in a blanket in the kitchen for the moment, is there anything we can do to help it? It's just laying down, motionless, eyes are open and it's breathing, could rest help? I think it's a kestrall

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Try getting in contact with a bird of prey rehabilitator in your area from this page http://www.irishwildlifematters.ie/animals/contacts.html

It's probably stunned or concussed but they should be able to give you correct information about what to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Thanks very much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,748 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

One of those Falconry centres may be able to help too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

shortys94 wrote: »
    Hi

A hawk flew into our window outside about 20 minutes ago, we put it in a blanket in the kitchen for the moment, is there anything we can do to help it? It's just laying down, motionless, eyes are open and it's breathing, could rest help? I think it's a kestrall
    We're are you livin?
    I'm a falconer I won't take the bird from you but I can inspect it to see if there is any damage
    Could you contact me
    Il pm my number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Cheers for the replies, put it in dark room last night on blanket in a box, thankfully opened the box up this morning and the bird flew straight out

:-)

Beautiful animal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

shortys94 wrote: »
    Cheers for the replies, put it in dark room last night on blanket in a box, thankfully opened the box up this morning and the bird flew straight out

:-)

Beautiful animal
    Glad to see it get up and flying
    Should've takin a pic for us
    Be nice to see what bop it was as I know there are merlons flying into windows a lot lately aswell and are quite small like a kestrel is
    Glad to see it worked out anyway
    Atb
    Ever find anything again don't hesitate to contact me on pm or something

Advertisement