Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

probably a silly question

• 03-08-2012 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

What do you do with android phones to play live streams.
    Whats their problem with adobe?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭stevek93

What :confused: I don't understand what you are trying to do. What phone do you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

stevek93 wrote: »
    What :confused: I don't understand what you are trying to do. What phone do you have?
    samsung galaxy mini i think . I cant watch videos on some websites and cant live stream ever. I get told to click here to get the latest adobe flash player. Tjen i get told i cant download adobe . I think android doesnt deal with them . I have good speed broadband but the only videos i can watch is youtube. I want to live stream big brother for the girlfriend.

cloptrop wrote: »
    samsung galaxy mini i think . I cant watch videos on some websites and cant live stream ever. I get told to click here to get the latest adobe flash player. Tjen i get told i cant download adobe . I think android doesnt deal with them . I have good speed broadband but the only videos i can watch is youtube. I want to live stream big brother for the girlfriend.

samsung-galaxy-mini-s5570.jpg

I take it that is the phone you are taking about. It doesn't support flash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭smilerf

As far as I know adobe does not support Android anymore it's HTML 5 I've no problems on boat browser

So i need to download an app called html5? That is my phone in the picture. Sorry if i sound dumb i am a bit.

• Advertisement

smilerf wrote: »
    As far as I know adobe does not support Android anymore it's HTML 5 I've no problems on boat browser

You can still download from the play store whether adobe are still providing updates for it im not sure.

So i need to download an app called html5? That is my phone in the picture. Sorry if i sound dumb i am a bit.

Nope no such app exists. Its up to thr website to change over from flash to HTML5. Also I highly doubt that phone will support it.

Oh rite so its the websites stuff just isnt compatible with my phone. Google play tells me i cant have adobe for my phone . What a letdown if i had of known this id have got a different phone. Its a long time before i get an upgrade again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

That phone, Galaxy Mini only has an ARM6 processor which Adobe Flash doesn't work with.

ongarite wrote: »
    That phone, Galaxy Mini only has an ARM6 processor which Adobe Flash doesn't work with.
    So is there anything i can do without needing to get a better phone ?

• Advertisement

Yep rubbish phone if you ask me cant wait to upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

So is there anything i can do without needing to get a better phone ?
    No, it a very basic smartphone. I hope it was a cheap upgrade.

Tbh i find its a great phone apart from this one problem . But then again i had a very bad nokia before that .

Tbh i find its a great phone apart from this one problem . But then again i had a very bad nokia before that .

lol had a galaxy s before my galaxy mini which got stolen so was a big jump of a downgrade.

So the bigger samsungs allow this ? I thought it was to do with some sort of dispute with samsung and adobe. Not to worry i think im due another upgrade around 2013. Ill just sit here and wait until then . Are you going to finish that yogurt ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

So the bigger samsungs allow this ? I thought it was to do with some sort of dispute with samsung and adobe. Not to worry i think im due another upgrade around 2013. Ill just sit here and wait until then . Are you going to finish that yogurt ?

As mentioned its due to the processor and not the manufacturer. Low end smartphones cant handle everything thrown at them. There will be more issues with compatability at lower end as most apps and software will be targeted and developed at mid and higher end phones.

Just a heads up when you are upgrading the iPhone doesn't support flash neither does the iPad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Download an app called MX Player.

It can play a lot of online video's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Try Dolphin Browser its an internet browser.

paconnors wrote: »

Doesn't make any different as the poster above said the CPU in this phone cannot support flash.

• Advertisement

Doesn't make any different as the poster above said the CPU in this phone cannot support flash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

It's armv6 isn't it?

This modified apk should run flash on dolphin browser....

Prob won't be any use but give it a go :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1536509

Fieldog wrote: »
    It's armv6 isn't it?

Cant see it being the best if the phone doesn't lock up :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

It's armv6 isn't it?

Cant see it being the best if the phone doesn't lock up :p

Mines an arm7 and its actually not that bad...

Mines an arm7 and its actually not that bad...

Yes but this is a arm6 even worse.

Advertisement