Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Change (the money kind).

• 03-08-2012 11:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Do you collect spare change? I try to put any €2 and €1 coins I have left over at the end of the day into a money box (when I can afford to do so)

Just counted mine and was shocked by the amount :)

Anyone else do this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Change to me is 5 and 10 cents.

I don't even like breaking a €2 coin in the shop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I always try, but I just end up spending it! Ill have to start.....I normally just hoover up my change lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

mud wrote: »
    Do you collect spare change? I try to put any €2 and €1 coins I have left over at the end of the day into a money box (when I can afford to do so)

Anyone else do this?

Throw it in the bin at petrol stations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Change frightens me.

I'm staunchly conservative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Even when I worked I wouldn't put a 1 or 2 euro coin away
    That's good change for the pub
    5s and 10s I just left on the ground
    What frickin job do u have that you put away 1 and 2 euro away?
    Must be a banker lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

coppers, 10 cents, 20 cents and 50 cents get collected in our house by my parents and sister. I don't coz find them fierce handy for Dublin Bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

mud wrote: »

Anyone else do this?
    No recession there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

no, I just spend mine, and I end up needing less notes.

as an aside, people who hoard like this are costing the state huge amounts of money, because they're having to get more and more "coppers" minted to meet demand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

I give mine to beggers and charities usually...

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

I just stick €5 notes away, your'l me amazed how much you have after a year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Hee hee so I 'must be a banker' and there's 'no recession' because I throw a few euro in a box?

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭parc

Throw it in the bin at petrol stations.

haha classic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Bobsammy

I put my €2 coins in a big money box that can only be opened with a tin opener. Takes ages to fill it but at least I can't keep dipping into it! Opened one last week and it's going to pay for our new (2nd hand) car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

I had a money change jar given to me by a friend, who is quite into self-improvement and Buddhism. The logo on the jar read Change Is Possible. Opened it there last week and got a nice surprise by how much I've saved considering nothing over a 50 cent coin ever went in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Lollers wrote: »
    I had a money change jar given to me by a friend, who is quite into self-improvement and Buddhism. The logo on the jar read Change Is Possible.

I have a purse that says: "change comes from within"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Empty my pocket every morning, anything smaller than 50c goes in a tin in the kitchen or bag in the bedroom, haven't counted in years so hoping it's mounting up - it's nearly too heavy to lift the bag so might be worth a few quid.

As for stashing 1 & 2 euro coins I never do as I hate breaking notes and find them very handy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭granturismo

Its not pennies from heaven, just your money that you failed to spend and you had to break a €1,€2 or €5 because the change you had in your pocket yesterday in now in the jar at home.

You may as well just throw €1 into a jar each day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Up to and including 20c coins in pockets at end of day in 5l container. Have never let it go over 1/4 full. Either count it out and pay into bank or empty in coin sorter at local centra, has reached a few hundred at times.

Another one for 50c-€2, wouldn't put into this as often, maybe end of week, and would dip into sometimes. Count this one out all the time. Has reached 400 - 500 at most.

Both together have paid along way towards a couple of holidays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Yes we can.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I throw it in a box. Have no idea what happens to it after that. I have no interest in money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

I throw it in a box. Have no idea what happens to it after that.
    You're doing it wrong. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I have a big jar that I throw all my 1cents up to 50 cents in. I only ever take out to 50c coins to use as the rest is pretty worthless to me. Ive been doing this for over 6 years now, and I still have F*** all in that jar. Id say less than €20. Cant be arsed.

Advertisement