Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which of these menus is nicer?

• 04-08-2012 12:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, which of these menu bars looks nicer to you?

4158e085.png

top or bottom? and why? Because I made top first then thought it looks odd, so made second version. Btw that repair isnt just on itself, it's the effect every button gets when hovered over.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Know nothing about design but I prefer the second one

h2005 wrote: »
    Know nothing about design but I prefer the second one

Have to agree, definitely the second one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Here is full site:
    http://www.arleitiss.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Overthrow

First one is too fussy and the text is hard to read as it's smaller and less contrasting to the green, so I prefer the second one.

However, maybe try reduce the drop shadow to size one, opacity 100%, and at a 90 degree angle (ie straight down).

Currently the shadow is kinda clashing with the diaganol pattern, but a tighter shadow would probably work better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

second one by far, looks much better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

try make your nav bar smaller by about 20px per side, its rather wide and looses the text inside it because its so big and the text is rather small, 20/40px a side should do it.

also make the black and green background go around the boxes that make up your website looks disjointed with out that, just two observations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Bottom one, top one looks old fashioned.

Advertisement