Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do you want your body disposed of?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I want my wife to hang onto my body and pretend I'm still alive for a few months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Cremated, and as it creates a lot of expense when one dies I shall hope to be around a few more years.

Has everyone here got life insurence ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I want to buried in Mozambique with my dog,my fishing rods,my favourite mug,a load of cans,some Mods ,an Uzi ,my favourite radiator ,all the doors in my house and an up to date Argos catalogue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Dave! wrote: »
    I want my wife to hang onto my body and pretend I'm still alive for a few months

You forgot the plastic bags or was that a tetrapak carton?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

Tibetan Sky Burial

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

People talk about medical science as if they'll be contributing to some breakthrough. Fact is you'll be lying on a table in Trinity with first year medical students laughing at the size of your cock.

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    People talk about medical science as if they'll be contributing to some breakthrough. Fact is you'll be lying on a table in Trinity with first year medical students laughing at the size of your cock.

Are you paying attention Sydneyfife ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭positron

Parts donated, rest cremated, or a forest burial perhaps - something reasonably green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

mattjack wrote: »
    Are you paying attention Sydneyfife ?

Ill just donate my organs so....

Either Im lying on a slab being laughed at by medical students, or im rotting in the ground. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Do an Ed Gein on me and harvest all my bones and skin to make furniture and clothes. Get me skull, saw the top off, take the jaw off, put it on backwards, and now you have a lovely Duggy soup / cereal bowl. :pac:

"My, that a lovely lampshade, where did you get it?"

"From Duggy"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

syndeyfife wrote: »
    Ive always said Id donate my body to medical science. As long as they dont mess with me

Do you think they are going to stand there looking at you?

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Do an Ed Gein on me and harvest all my bones and skin to make furniture and clothes. Get me skull, saw the top off, take the jaw off, put it on backwards, and now you have a lovely Duggy soup / cereal bowl. :pac:

"From Duggy"

This , I reckon I'd be a lovely lampshade. Failing that though Cremation.. only after they made sure I was dead :cool:

syndeyfife wrote: »
    Ive always said Id donate my body to medical science. As long as they dont mess with me

They'd chop you the fùck up, cut your head in half or into slices like ham, completely dismantle you poking and showcasing what's left of you and your organs off to some fresh medical blood.

Probably keep bits of your brain in a lovely jar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

stevek93 wrote: »
    Yeh! went to visit a underground crematory when i was in primary school scared the bejesus out of me lol.

Wuss

The ma was trying to install some culture in to us little horrors so took us to see a ruined Abbey in Timoleague, us kids went for a wander in the nooks under it, like small kids do

The mother was not happy when my self and my little sister came back with a skull each asking if we could take them home.

Me father was dealt the task of returning said skulls and dealing with us hooligans.

Me cremated and put out with the bins

They'd chop you the fùck up, cut your head in half or into slices like ham, completely dismantle you poking and showcasing what's left of you and your organs off to some fresh medical blood.

Probably keep bits of your brain in a lovely jar.

I think she meant being concerned with students having a bit of fun with her body rather medical dissection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

"From Duggy"

Can I have your kneecaps for ashtrays?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Preserve me until they discover how to reverse aging :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

On a serious note I was reading up on cryogenics a whole back and it's interesting stuff. Costs a fortune though.
    If I had the money I think I'd seriously consider it in the hopes of being revived in a thousand years or so and seeing what the world is like.

Dean09 wrote: »
    Can I have your kneecaps for ashtrays?

Go ahead, I'll also throw in my spine with my hand attached to the tail of it. Makes a get back scratcher / poop scoop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

As someone facing heart surgery in less than three weeks' time, I find the question rather interesting. But enough of that.;)

It kind of reminds me of a talk show on RTE and the subject of people wanting to be buried in unusual places. Listeners were invited to call in with their wishes if they had any unusual ones.:)

One fellow said: "I want to be buried alive.":eek:

The DJ, astonished, responded: "Alive! Where?"

Thereby handing it on a plate to the caller who said: "I want to be buried alive between Bibi Baskin's legs."

(click):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    As someone facing heart surgery in less than three weeks' time, I find the question rather interesting. But enough of that.;)

It kind of reminds me of a talk show on RTE and the subject of people wanting to be buried in unusual places. Listeners were invited to call in with their wishes if they had any unusual ones.:)

One fellow said: "I want to be buried alive.":eek:

The DJ, astonished, responded: "Alive! Where?"

Thereby handing it on a plate to the caller who said: "I want to be buried alive between Bibi Baskin's legs."

(click):D

Was it not "buried up to me balls in Bibi Baskin" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

I'd quite like to be one of those skeletons you see in medical school hanging around in the corner of the classroom. With a sign around my neck saying " I told you I wasn't fat, just big-boned"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

stuffed and placed in the living room will do me:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

Motorcycle hearse with a cortége of my club brothers riding along-side to the strains of AC/DC's 'Highway To Hell'...

Then onto the crematorium where they can bag me, tag me & burn me while Metallica's 'Fuel' plays in the background :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

The best way of dealing with our bodies after death would be to place them in an active volcano.

I would also be donated to a body farm (Stephen Fry "in america" visits a 'body farm'. ) and Tibetan sky burial
    Dave! wrote: »

The urban legend
    Man Keeps Dead Wife in Glass Coffee Table

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_coffee_table.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

A Viking burial. But in a paddle boat. In Butlins. One in the shape of a swan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

Body has served its purpose so i dont think i would mind too much

However i like the idea of being burried under a tree in a forest or something like that. At least when my body breaks down any minerals would go back into the soil and be used by the forest. That doesn't really happen in graveyards becouse there is practly no plants/trees ect.

Also a forest is much less depressing than a graveyard

Any organs that can be of value to someone can be taken out of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

buried in amber heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭thefishone

If I had won the euro millions last night.then I would be dipped in gold,put in a rocket and set the controls for the heart of the sun.
    But since I didn't,I don't care,I would hope some one cares enough to give me what they thought I wanted,but in the end,I have no control and if it's the brown wheelie bin,then so be it.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Buriel as far away as possible from Av. Zar. people .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

I want to be cremated, and half of my ashes given to my family so they can do what they want with them. The others I want compressed into a tiny ball of metal. Then I want them fired into outer space towards the black hole at the center of the Milky Way... A final journey :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

i wanna be liquidized and sprayed as fertilizer, give back what i took, or be sent out to sea on a raft of wicker with 10 archers lining the shore launching flaming arrows at my raft, or donate it to science,

im 28 WTF im i doing discussing this sh1t on a Saturday afternoon :eek:

funny how i refer to my body as "it" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭Madame K

I'll take underground burial. Cremation will prevent me from returning as a zombie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭earlyevening

I'd like my body to be donated to science. No cost to my family and might end up doing a bit of good.

Prob wont be used to cure cancer. More likely to be poked at by hungover medical students learning anatomy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭EZ24GET

It doesn't matter as I won't be present in it any longer or have need of it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I have signed up to go to medical science. My first choice was to be fed to the local pack of foxhounds,but funnily enough,not allowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

I would like my body to go to science but i know my family wouldnt want that so no point making it harder on them than it has to be, so whatever they want to do with me, i dont care

organ donation and cremation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Organ donation, minus the skin, I want to be cremated with my skin on :)

• Advertisement

Organ donation (insides only ;)) and burial. Unfortunately I already know exactly where I'll be buried and my headstone is there with a space for my name. Scary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

There's a church and a graveyard in my back garden, they can bung me in there, I like it here anyway. I've spent my life running around the country flat out, so a bit of a rest won't go astray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

1. Organs donated
    2. The rest cremated
    3. The ashes scattered over the Westfalenstadion in Dortmund

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Hopefully, as many of my organs as possible will be donated.

After that, I won't be around to care, so my family can do what they want with my body!

If I were to die while my parents are still around, then it'll probably be a Catholic ceremony and burial - I don't like the idea of it, but it's not like I'll know what's going on!

I like the idea of a natural burial ground, like this one. It's a non-religious place, and you're buried in a coffin made of natural materials ... I hate the idea of my family spending a fortune on a big fancy heavy wooden box, when it's only going to be shoved into the ground. :confused: Seems like such a waste!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Because of my various meds, I can't donate organs, sadly.

Advertisement