Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Herald Says "best fans in the world" a myth * Mod Note #53 *

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

davocesque wrote: »
    Regarding the OP, the worst cliche in football in surely 'real football'. It actually makes me angry when people call LOI or Lower League UK real football. Whats real about it? whats fake about top level football??

As a former season ticket holder for 2 seasons at a LOI club, i can honestly say i would never buy a season ticket it again. The type of football is unattractive imo, and fair play to the fans of it, they do have passion. But i would like to point out that a HUGE majority of LOI fans are also Celtic fans (in my experience) which is no different to supporting an English club.

There's nothing fake about English football - it's just in England, and I'm in Ireland.

That's not a nationalistic choice - it's a decision based on geography.

I personally know very few Celtic fans - I'm not one and I agree with you - there is no difference between the geographical impracticality of actually supporting Celtic and the same position when supporting an English club.

Football fans in this country are to a large extent really TV fans - compare them to the GAA crowd, who actually go to matches. The GAA's in pretty good shape thanks to their patronage. Sky TV is rolling in cash thanks to the patronage of Irish TV fans.

all this has to be taken into context i went to see cork city play nantes in france a few years ago and it was a lot of fun but the league of irelands quality is incredibly low we are so close to england that any half decent player will be snapped up and given a chance over there leaving us mostly with either very young players or old players who never made it in england.

its great to see st pats get 3000 people out thats a lot of people at the game if you consider the amount of teams in dublin and the standard of the league.

il go to a city game every now and again but loi will never get the same attendances as english clubs because they either get to see world class players week in week out or they have the opportunity to be promoted/bought by a seik and do so. loi football is pretty low standard and always will be simply because we are so close to a football superpower

Portugal's pretty close to Spain; Holland's close to Germany. We could have a great league if we wanted.

born2bwild wrote: »
    Portugal's pretty close to Spain; Holland's close to Germany. We could have a great league if we wanted.

portugal and holland are far bigger countries than we are where more like slovenia is next to italy they have an average attendance similar to ours id imagine

portugal and holland are far bigger countries than we are where more like slovenia is next to italy they have an average attendance similar to ours id imagine

Cyprus got a team into the Champions League group stages. We could do it if we wanted.
    Scotland, for the mother of Jesus, is even closer to England than us and they've had teams win the European Cup and get to the UEFA cup final. We could do it if we wanted.

Cyprus got a team into the Champions League group stages. We could do it if we wanted.
    Scotland, for the mother of Jesus, is even closer to England than us and they've had teams win the European Cup and get to the UEFA cup final. We could do it if we wanted.
    Apoel and the big Scottish teams have far far bigger payrolls than any irish team your picking and choosing facts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Apoel and the big Scottish teams have far far bigger payrolls than any irish team your picking and choosing facts

They have bigger payrolls because more people go to their games!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i have a mate in work who is an avid St Pat's fan. he goes to games every week, shouting his face off. his father was an avid fan, and his son is now going too.

he also appreciates how good the Premier League product is. he's a huge fan. we'll rant about the weekend's games, we'll talk about the latest transfer news, we'll moan about decisions...everything.

he chats about LOI, of which i only have a minimal knowledge. he'll show clips from the weekend to me from the LOI fixtures, and some of it really is top-notch. I've been to a couple of games, but haven't caught the bug or anything. but my mate is a huge fan, and speaks with such respect about the game in general, whether it's the EPL, LOI or international games. and that respect means I actually want to head down to a few LOI games. his proper love for the game in general means that I have taken more of an interest in the local game, and will definitely had down to a few matches over the next couple of months.

what he didn't do was shout at me, telling me I'm not a proper fan, and generally just abuse my point of view in order to get me to go. he showed me positives, explained to me respectfully why it's so worth my time, and now I'm looking to give it a proper go.

LOI fans need to sell their product proudly, yes, but with respect. football fans don't have an obligation to go to local games in order to love the game. the world has changed. people have the ability to watch their football whatever way they want.

this country has in recent years, largely been brought up on football on telly. beating these people over the head with how that's not proper football isn't going to get them to go.

in fact, it will do the opposite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

You're a fantasist. Firstly, APOEL Nicosia were able to spend €1 million on a single player - that is more than the entire annual budget of Shamrock Rovers. Secondly, to suggest that an Irish team is even remotely close to becoming a European force is just nonsensical. Bohemians were beaten by a second division Icelandic team for crying out loud.

RoryMac wrote: »
    They have bigger payrolls because more people go to their games!
    They have wealthy backers.

Of course I'm picking and choosing facts. The point I'm making is that we need to change our football league for the better. Others (in similarly peripheral geographical locations) have done it; so can we.

I was in Turner's Cross two weeks ago - great ground, great support, great football - you saw Cork play "and it was a lot of fun but the league of irelands quality is incredibly low".

I am definitely picking and choosing facts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

You're not a Utd fan, as someone said on here, Man Utd are now a brand, essentially you are a customer of that brand!!

So if your team is ****, your a fan. If it's a massivly supported world renowned one, your not?

If the LOI started drawing 60,000 crowds at every game and shels became a major force in world football, maybe even floated on the stock exchange, is Gavin "shels" no longer a football fan, but a customer who should now drop Shels and head off to the Leinster senior league in search of "real" football to watch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Love reading this forum when threads like these pop up

Only reason I watch soccer is because it's on telly every Saturday. I like to see the national side doing well and have even gone to a few internationals

Would I got to a LOI game? Not in a million years. No interest really, I'm from Tipp, have no ties to any LOI club and have never really felt like spending money to go and see them play, just like my lack of ties to English clubs has stopped me going to see a premier ship game. Although If I had to choose one over the other of course I'd go to a premiership game to see some of the best players in the world.

Now should I be looked down upon for supporting the national side because of this? I don't think so. Think a lot of people need to get down off their high horses and look at the situation rationally

The article is self is just what you'd expect from a rag like the Herald too. After all it was the media that christened us "the best fans in the world"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Clubs should run themselves better. Stop living beyond their means. Don't bother with a player or two on €500 a week and invest that money in the youth section instead. Become the forces in schoolboy football so that you can have better control over developing talent and achieve a higher standard of football in a more sustainable manner.

Focus on those things imo rather than saying 'until we double our attendances nothing will change, piss, moan".

I don't disagree with any of that, all those things badly need attention too.
    Why do you think this is just an Irish thing? There is nothing unique about sports fans turning out to important matches and shunning minor ones.

There isn't but, unlike Ireland, most other countries are proud of their domestic league and would rather try promote or improve it rather than ignore or bad mouth it.

You're a fantasist. Firstly, APOEL Nicosia were able to spend €1 million on a single player - that is more than the entire annual budget of Shamrock Rovers. Secondly, to suggest that an Irish team is even remotely close to becoming a European force is just nonsensical. Bohemians were beaten by a second division Icelandic team for crying out loud.

Fantasist? No, Optimist. We have a football league in this country - it's not in England or Scotland - it's in Dublin, Cork, Ballybofey, Ferrycarrig and the Creggan - if you live in these places and you care about football in your community then you want to improve the football league.

We're not about to get into the Champions League final - neither are 88 of the 92 English football league clubs going to any time soon.

We're not close to that stage and I don't think I suggested that we were; we were closer a couple of years back, but it's possible - we can do it if we want.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Well that's that then, there shouldn't be any effort to improve the league. Just accept shitness and get on it with.

Good attitude.

Its a better attitude than trying to belittle others and tell them how much better you are than them for their choices. How is that going to improvve the league? Abuse people in to submission till they begrudgingly drag themselves to go somewhere they dont want to go? You'd probably have better successtelling them to give you a tenner a week towards the club and you'll leave them the **** alone to get on with their lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

SlickRic wrote: »
    i have a mate in work who is an avid St Pat's fan. he goes to games every week, shouting his face off. his father was an avid fan, and his son is now going too.

he also appreciates how good the Premier League product is. he's a huge fan. we'll rant about the weekend's games, we'll talk about the latest transfer news, we'll moan about decisions...everything.

he chats about LOI, of which i only have a minimal knowledge. he'll show clips from the weekend to me from the LOI fixtures, and some of it really is top-notch. I've been to a couple of games, but haven't caught the bug or anything. but my mate is a huge fan, and speaks with such respect about the game in general, whether it's the EPL, LOI or international games. and that respect means I actually want to head down to a few LOI games. his proper love for the game in general means that I have taken more of an interest in the local game, and will definitely had down to a few matches over the next couple of months.

what he didn't do was shout at me, telling me I'm not a proper fan, and generally just abuse my point of view in order to get me to go. he showed me positives, explained to me respectfully why it's so worth my time, and now I'm looking to give it a proper go.

LOI fans need to sell their product proudly, yes, but with respect. football fans don't have an obligation to go to local games in order to love the game. the world has changed. people have the ability to watch their football whatever way they want.

this country has in recent years, largely been brought up on football on telly. beating these people over the head with how that's not proper football isn't going to get them to go.

in fact, it will do the opposite.

Great post SlickRic, hopefully it will get some of the "you're not a real fan" brigade thinking about what is the right way to get new people down to games.

I think people should keep an open mind about going to games, we're not asking you to buy a season ticket and go to every game of the year, but just if your free to go down to your local ground a check out a game once or twice. Would love if we could get a few (non LoI regulars) boardsies to get down to a game or two and write up what they thought of the experience, would anyone be up for it I wonder?

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    Love reading this forum when threads like these pop up

Only reason I watch soccer is because it's on telly every Saturday. I like to see the national side doing well and have even gone to a few internationals

Would I got to a LOI game? Not in a million years. No interest really, I'm from Tipp, have no ties to any LOI club and have never really felt like spending money to go and see them play, just like my lack of ties to English clubs has stopped me going to see a premier ship game. Although If I had to choose one over the other of course I'd go to a premiership game to see some of the best players in the world.

Now should I be looked down upon for supporting the national side because of this? I don't think so. Think a lot of people need to get down off their high horses and look at the situation rationally

The article is self is just what you'd expect from a rag like the Herald too. After all it was the media that christened us "the best fans in the world"

Personally I don't look down on you for watching football on Telly - if it was the x factor, maybe.

Fantasist? No, Optimist. We have a football league in this country - it's not in England or Scotland - it's in Dublin, Cork, Ballybofey, Ferrycarrig and the Creggan - if you live in these places and you care about football in your community then you want to improve the football league.
    You don't have to watch League of Ireland matches to support local football in this country. I am a member of my local club, raise money and helped out with training when my lad was playing.

You don't have to watch League of Ireland matches to support local football in this country. I am a member of my local club, raise money and helped out with training when my lad was playing.

I agree with you. However, I can not understand how a football fan in this country would not want a strong football league in this country to follow.

Why wouldn't an Irish football supporter want to see Irish football clubs challenging in Europe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

il go to a city game every now and again but loi will never get the same attendances as english clubs because they either get to see world class players week in week out or they have the opportunity to be promoted/bought by a seik and do so. loi football is pretty low standard and always will be simply because we are so close to a football superpower

You are not comparing like with like.

Most English supporters don't get to see world class players either.

As for the Nantes game. Didn't take our chances when we were on top in the home leg;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

batistuta9 wrote: »
    neither is family guy

BLASPHEMY!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Thread is a fail. All it is is people making excuses for not going to LoI games, while most of those that do attack them for not doing so. Threads such as "How to fix our league" are far more progressive and not filled with the childish garbage that goes along with a thread like this.

Ultimately, people are free to spend their money whatever way they want, especially when the country is ****ed, regardless if its 15 quid to go see a LoI game or whether its 60 quid a month for Sky Sports. Its ****ing pointless trying to have a go at people for not supporting the "real football."

The problem is at grassroots. For instance, when I was in primary school, the Premiership was all any kid in my class talked about. When you went out to the yard to play football during the break, all the kids wanted to be Andy Cole, Alan Shearer, Robbie Fowler, Teddy Sheringham, Roy Keane, etc. Everyone one of them grew up watching the Premiership, thats all they knew due to media coverage, their families and their friends in school. Being from an area that had no LoI side, nobody ever talked about the LoI. By the time you realized their is an organized league in the country, most have already developed a connection with a club in England.

If the league ever wants to develop into a full time professional league,then it has to start appealing to the kids and getting them interested. The question I ask is how much have the FAI done to get kids interested? How much are they investing into the grassroots of Irish football? When you consider how much they are paying the likes of Trap and Delaney, development of the Aviva, the fee of entry into the Airtricity League, prize money, etc. I doubt its a whole lot.

How much money will the league see for what they received for qualifying for the Euro's or from the money coming in for home internationals? Very ****ing little I would imagine. St. Pats clearly could not afford to advertise the Hannover game, so why didn't the FAI help them out and cover the cost of putting up a billboard or national TV advertising? Why do clubs in the League have to finish in the top 3 in order to cover the cost of entering the Airtiricty League?

So my question is, why should a Liverpool fan since he was 5 living in Laois, Kilkenny or Kildare give a **** about clubs from Dublin or any other club in the league when the country's own FA dont give a ****?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

I agree with you. However, I can not understand how a football fan in this country would not want a strong football league in this country to follow.

Why wouldn't an Irish football supporter want to see Irish football clubs challenging in Europe?

Because like it or not (and there is no right or wrong) in general people care about the clubs they support, and thats as far as it goes..

I lived for over 20 years in the UK, and attended games up and down the country for most of that (many mates were members of the 92 club) and in general huge amounts of fans don't care about the success of other clubs.. in fact most would rather their local opposition failed rather than listen to them bleat on about what they won.. How many Man City fans would cheer on Utd in CL? As a ex-Liverpool season ticket holder no Everton fan I knew wanted us to win anything.. It's part of the way the game is..

I don't expect non St. Pats fans to turn up at their games and support them just because another bigger club is in town.. Wouldn't that be the very essence of fair weather fans people are complaining about?

If St. Pat's (or any LOI) clubs want to be supported, then much like lower division clubs in the UK they need to come out and be a critical part of the community that they want support from. They need to engage with schools to get kids interested, they need to make it financially viable for families to attend, and they need to run their business like a business...

It's a tough sports market out there, and sadly in football terms the LOI fall well short of the community integration that GAA offers, which is arguably why (amongst other areas also) GAA is a lot more successful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Football fans in this country are to a large extent really TV fans

This is what I don't get. You're a real fan if you watch in the stand and not on tv? Why does that matter?

If the only soccer I watch is LoI on tv, am I a barstooler?

Surely if that's the argument, everybody should be petitioning to ban RTE/setanta etc from showing LoI games right?

I'm a soccer fan, and I rarely go to a live game, I watch on tv or in the pub. Simple. There's no levels of soccer fans, no league tables etc.

We all love soccer, that's why we're here.

8-10 wrote: »
    This is what I don't get. You're a real fan if you watch in the stand and not on tv? Why does that matter?

If the only soccer I watch is LoI on tv, am I a barstooler?

Surely if that's the argument, everybody should be petitioning to ban RTE/setanta etc from showing LoI games right?

I'm a soccer fan, and I rarely go to a live game, I watch on tv or in the pub. Simple. There's no levels of soccer fans, no league tables etc.

We all love soccer, that's why we're here.
    If you watch football mostly on TV you're a fan of TV football.

If you watch football mostly from a stand you're a fan of live football.

Both are equally 'real' experiences - I prefer watching from a stand - what you do is up to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Ok gotcha. Are they played differently?

8-10 wrote: »
    Ok gotcha. Are they played differently?
    Yeah the players on the telly are only 3cm tall.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Ah yes another thread where if the quality of football isn't enough to make you go to a match the obnoxious fans will definitely finish you off.

Please you little youtube videos of your crowd are no different to 1000's of clubs across the globe. You're no more special than any other league. Deal with it. Enjoy your team and support them but please spare us the superiority complex. Honestly the quality of your product leaves alot to be desired so much so than a few fans singing when you're losing won't compensate for it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Both are equally 'real' experiences - I prefer watching from a stand - what you do is up to you.

Nonsense. There could be a million reasons why people prefer one to the other.

I do both in equal measure and don't feel the need to point it out to score points.

• Advertisement

lordgoat wrote: »
    Nonsense. There could be a million reasons why people prefer one to the other.

I do both in equal measure and don't feel the need to point it out to score points.
    Douze points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I really couldn't give a ****e who supports who, but I don't understand people's confusion at being criticised. I mean football clubs were regionalised for a reason as opposed to being defined by a number, or a colour (yeah I know they all have their own colours but thats not what i mean) etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

So if your team is ****, your a fan. If it's a massivly supported world renowned one, your not?

Not I go to matches, I support my club in more ways than just buying a jersey.
    Its a better attitude than trying to belittle others and tell them how much better you are than them for their choices. How is that going to improvve the league? Abuse people in to submission till they begrudgingly drag themselves to go somewhere they dont want to go? You'd probably have better successtelling them to give you a tenner a week towards the club and you'll leave them the **** alone to get on with their lives.

How would you go about improving the League as a matter of interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

If the league did improve and more people went to games I bet the old LOI die hards would be the first to complain that the new breed of fan havent a clue and it ws al beter back in the day when the stand was half empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

If the league did improve and more people went to games I bet the old LOI die hards would be the first to complain that the new breed of fan havent a clue and it ws al beter back in the day when the stand was half empty.

Thats complete bull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Replace best with most neanderthal perhaps ?

Gael Clichy has tweeted that he had bananas thrown at him in Limerick tonight.

• Advertisement

Ridiculous. Shamrock Rovers are such a club who've had that sort of massive improvement in their attendances. Not a sign of this behaviour to be seen. But if we're to go down this game of ridiculous reasoning that has no basis

.....If the EPL fans did start coming to LOI games, I bet the old EPL die hards would start kissing each other and complain that it was too cold and it was better back in the day when the pub was half empty.

greendom wrote: »
    Replace best with most neanderthal perhaps ?

Gael Clichy has tweeted that he had bananas thrown at him in Limerick tonight.
    Ah jesus.

CSF wrote: »
    Ridiculous. Shamrock Rovers are such a club who've had that sort of massive improvement in their attendances. Not a sign of this behaviour to be seen. But if we're to go down this game of ridiculous reasoning that has no basis

.....If the EPL fans did start coming to LOI games, I bet the old EPL die hards would start kissing each other and complain that it was too cold and it was better back in the day when the pub was half empty.

No way, CSF, Shels fans were chanting "where were you when you were sh1t?" at Scumbag Rovers fans in Tallaght.

Granted, they beat us 4-0, but you can't exactly chant anything when you're in the pub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Over 16,000 people in Thomand Park tonight to see a second string Man City side play a First Division League of Ireland side! EVENT JUNKIES!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Over 16,000 people in Thomand Park tonight to see a second string Man City side play a First Division League of Ireland side! EVENT JUNKIES!

If Limerick come up though,there's a chance they might just be able to cash in on a percentage of the punters that were there tonight. Thats only if they get promoted, granted. Did the Rovers vs Madrid game do anything for potential new fans? Does anyone know first hand from mates or colleagues?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Are you being serious? Even if you're being sarcastic, that's a tad pathetic.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Again, can't win.
    People don't go to one game, and they get labelled as not "real" football fans.
    People do go to a game, and they get labeled as event junkies, implying they aren't "real" fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

And bananas thrown onto the field, according to Gael Clichy.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Dunno about that......this is pats fans at 2.0 down vs a far superior team. And we just missed a golden chance.....

I swear to god Boards.ie soccer forum will never ever get what it means to be a part of something from a laptop,pc,barstool.

You will never understand what went on in that video....we ****ing knew we were getting beaten but we played well.....we go to our teams games win lose or draw.....and we follow them......

And the match in Egypt. Great support :pac:

Not I go to matches, I support my club in more ways than just buying a jersey.?

So how many games gets you from customer to real fan?What if someone is on the boat every 2 or 3 weeks to Liverpool , does that count?

Bear in mind I consider this opinion of "real fan" a load of bollocks. Really, who do you think you are to decide who is or isnt a real fan?

How would you go about improving the League as a matter of interest?

Dont know, I dont have an interest. I'm concentrating on playign for and building the very much grassroots rugby team I play for in an area that has never traditionally played rugby and competing with football and GAA for players.

What I can say though is that what we definately dont do is go up to people and abuse them for not coming down and playing or supporting us as a means to convince them.

No way, CSF, Shels fans were chanting "where were you when you were sh1t?" at Scumbag Rovers fans in Tallaght.

Granted, they beat us 4-0, but you can't exactly chant anything when you're in the pub.
    I meant from Shamrock Rovers fans. Opposition fans are going to find ANYTHING to slag you over.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Again, can't win.
    People don't go to one game, and they get labelled as not "real" football fans.
    People do go to a game, and they get labeled as event junkies, implying they aren't "real" fans.

League game..and more than one at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

This thread makes me embarrassed to follow LOI football. It would actually turn myself off the LOI ffs and thats from somebody who has been following the league intently since the old Sunday sport on RTE days.

People just have to accept, we have a rubbish league. Everything is half assed about it. The players dont give a toss, the officials are corrupt, the managers are like used car sales men and the people running the clubs couldnt run a church raffle. If i didnt support a certain club, theres not a chance in hell i would waste 15 euro in to see it. Yes i would keep up to date with it, but attending? not a chance. Why would anyone who isnt attached to a club actually pay to go to see it?

Then there is "football fan culture" :pac: A made up phrase to make yourselves feel special. You's are like indie hipsters and you know it will kill you to see the LOI being genuinely popular.

Our league is pants, accept it. It gets the right amount of attendances and media coverage. Stop whinging and just enjoy what we have.

Hannover 96 though, not a bad side at all. But fair enough, the swimming and archery was on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

dfx- wrote: »
    League game..and more than one at that.

So are you saying that not going to more than one LOI game means you're not a real fan?

So are you saying that not going to more than one LOI game means you're not a real fan?
    Well I don't think its compulsory for people from Belarus to go to LOI games to be a real fan, but after that I think you get the point.

• Advertisement
Advertisement