Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yoda and Vodafone

• 04-08-2012 4:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Is it just me or does Yoda being on Vodafone adverts just seem so wrong?.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

No, I'm with you but it's nowhere near as wrong as The Phantom Menace or Jar Jar Binks were. I'd gladly keep these ads to rid the world of The Phantom Menace. Hell I'd gladly let Vodafone change their name to Yodafone and use his head as their logo if it meant getting rid of that film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Wonder83

Haha, yeah that accident was weird in the Phantom Menace but you gotta love Yoda why so bad to see him in Vodafone adverts. Like that lol Yodafone you just might be onto something there!.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Wonder83 wrote: »
    Haha, yeah that accident was weird in the Phantom Menace but you gotta love Yoda why so bad to see him in Vodafone adverts. Like that lol Yodafone you just might be onto something there!.

Yeah, I'm a marketing genius. :)

Ah, they ruined his character more in the new films with that ridiculous fight scene with Dooku having him jump and bounce about the place like a coked up acrobat and screaming like an eejit. Makes me wonder is he just using that walking stick so that he can park in the disabled spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Wonder83

Yeah and don't forget the free bus pass, problem is after watching it numerous time and taking it apart I'm beginning to think if we take the ubiquitous Darkside element away from Star Wars - what's left?. I think I just pissed off 1000's of fans (including myself) but I still love Yoda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

There was some campaign or petition to stop the first Yoda ad but if you look at the recent Star Wars releases it's all looking like Lucasarts are cashing in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement