Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

superstition

• 04-08-2012 5:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

So, I may be being a bit nuts, but I need some advice.

A friend was visiting me in Ireland from another country. The friend got out of the car to take pictures of an abandoned Irish castle. When she came back to the car she said she had managed to get a small stone from one and was taking it home as a souvenir. I didn't really agree with that, mainly because it's ruining a heritage site and everyone did that it'd be horrible. I didn't really want to go into it with her though as I'm sometimes accused of being a stick in the mud.

Anyways, I also felt there was a bad luck aspect to it. I am slightly superstitious - not at the deep end of the scale or anything though. When she thought there might not be enough room in her bag, she was saying she might just leave it, but I told her wholeheartedly I did not want that thing in my house.

Anyways, since she's been home, she's pretty much experienced one misfortune after another - especially in terms of health - and she's never been one to get sick before. I am now visiting in her country and we were talking about all her (minor) illnesses that have occurred and she's said, "ever since I came back from Ireland". And then I said, OMG, you've been cursed from that castle rock! And she's was all freaked out.

Now I am coming back to Ireland and she wants me to take this stupid thing back with me and return it to the castle.

Thing is I am a very nervous flyer. Now, I know this is ridiculous, but I actually do not want that rock on the plane with me. Is this totally stupid? Is there some rule - and I can't believe I'm saying this - that an innocent person cannot have the bad luck cast on them? Sigh.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Yea it's stupid. Hope that helps. Enjoy the flight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Murky Waters

Pack it in your luggage & bin it when she's not looking or before you get to airport. She'll be happy & none the wiser, plus you won't get hit with excess baggage charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Go rob another stone to cancel out the one she took. Only when the 2 stones are reunited can peace and joy shine through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Post the stone home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

seb65 wrote: »

A friend was visiting me in Ireland from another country. The friend got out of the car to take pictures of an abandoned Irish castle. When she came back to the car she said she had managed to get a small stone from one and was taking it home as a souvenir. I didn't really agree with that, mainly because it's ruining a heritage site and everyone did that it'd be horrible. I didn't really want to go into it with her though as I'm sometimes accused of being a stick in the mud.

Anyways, I also felt there was a bad luck aspect to it. I am slightly superstitious - not at the deep end of the scale or anything though. When she thought there might not be enough room in her bag, she was saying she might just leave it, but I told her wholeheartedly I did not want that thing in my house.

Anyways, since she's been home, she's pretty much experienced one misfortune after another - especially in terms of health - and she's never been one to get sick before. I am now visiting in her country and we were talking about all her (minor) illnesses that have occurred and she's said, "ever since I came back from Ireland". And then I said, OMG, you've been cursed from that castle rock! And she's was all freaked out.

Now I am coming back to Ireland and she wants me to take this stupid thing back with me and return it to the castle.

Thing is I am a very nervous flyer. Now, I know this is ridiculous, but I actually do not want that rock on the plane with me. Is this totally stupid? Is there some rule - and I can't believe I'm saying this - that an innocent person cannot have the bad luck cast on them? Sigh.

These two comments.... Facebook yourself outta here .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Relax OP.
    People who are superstitous are much less likely to die in plane crashes than those who aren't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Too long, didn't read it all.

Anyways, this friend of yours, nice boobs or wha?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

You must retrieve the Jade Monkey before the next full moon to reverse the 1,000 year curse.

Indiana Jones-esque adventure and hilarity ensues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Duggy747 wrote: »
    You must retrieve the Jade Monkey before the next full moon to reverse the 1,000 year curse.

Indiana Jones-esque adventure and hilarity ensues.

Sounds like a thrill a moment time. That being said if you see Shia LaBoueuf, break both his legs and flee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

OP you need to spread the power of the stone across other stones so it is not as concentrated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

seb65 wrote: »

Youre gonna crash.

Sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Theres a big scrapbook at Ayers Rock/Uluru in Australia full of letters sent from people returning rocks they took and telling of all the misfortune they had since taking said rocks. Quite a good read if I do say so myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Have you seen castaway.That stone is your Wilson.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

She was bound to fall ill at some stage, we all are, We all also have streaks of bad / good luck... Stop blaming it on a stone!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,593 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

If watching Discovery channel has thought me anything, its that directline are not on price comparison sites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Pray to Stevie Wonder tis your only hope that or your friend will die roaring.

god.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

OP, your friend is cursed. You are lucky I've come across this thread as I have the mystical powers to remove this curse.

And all for the low low cost of 5,000e. What's worth more? Five grand or your friends life?

PM me for details.

If you don't, I'll be left with no option to curse you in order to balance this out...also your family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

You'll be fine as long as you post that message on 6 bullitin boards and email it to 50 friends in the next 30 minutes. Plus Bill gates will donate one squillion dollars to help a poor legless baby.

If you don't do this then bad things will happen to you!! Your family will all get black lung and you will die within 24 hours.

Or you could just cop on and realise that it's just a piece of ****in stone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Il Trap

For the craic, go ahead with her plan to take the rock home. Last day of your holiday as you're just about to leave her house for the airport with the stone in your pocket, say you need to use the jacks. Innocently leave the stone in the bathroom and off you go.

Turn on your phone upon landing in Ireland and enjoy the barrage of hysterical/hilarious texts you receive from her. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Il Trap wrote: »
    For the craic, go ahead with her plan to take the rock home. Last day of your holiday as you're just about to leave her house for the airport with the stone in your pocket, say you need to use the jacks. Innocently leave the stone in the bathroom and off you go.

Turn on your phone upon landing in Ireland and enjoy the barrage of hysterical/hilarious texts you receive from her. :D

This, or as your driving by her house, fling the rock through her window with a little note that reads '' This isnt the end BITCH'' , She'll obviously begin to believe she's in some sort of Stephen King book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

You should inform the airline about this and post their response here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Bring it home. Otherwise, the curse will transfer to you because of your unwillingness to rectify the situation by returning it, even though it's in your power to do so. It's true 'cos I read it on the radio the other day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I for one, am all up for our stones to be interfered with.

What flight are you gonna be on OP?
    Just wanna make sure I miss it.

Advertisement