Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd year visa

Options
  • 04-08-2012 7:02am

Hey people, been a while since I posted on boards after I left Ireland for Oz. Having the time of my life here.

Anyway, I have a question about the 2nd year visa.

I'm currently in my 2nd month of the regional work, I've been here since the 4th of june and wondering how long I have left. I read that 3 calander months is required or else 88 days work. So will I be finished on the 4th of august or do i have to work for 88 days total I'm a bit confused?

(I work 5 days a week doing 40 + hours)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

BigBoss47 wrote: »
    Hey people, been a while since I posted on boards after I left Ireland for Oz. Having the time of my life here.

Anyway, I have a question about the 2nd year visa.

I'm currently in my 2nd month of the regional work, I've been here since the 4th of june and wondering how long I have left. I read that 3 calander months is required or else 88 days work. So will I be finished on the 4th of august or do i have to work for 88 days total I'm a bit confused?

(I work 5 days a week doing 40 + hours)

Thanks in advance for any help.

AFAIK you'll be done at the end of the three months on the 4th August, if you've been working from the 4th June that is. If you're working a full time job the weekends count towards your 88 days rather than you actually needing to be working every one of the 88 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,342 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Traq wrote: »
    AFAIK you'll be done at the end of the three months on the 4th August, if you've been working from the 4th June that is.

How did you figure that one out.
    4th of June to 4th August is only two months???

It's not 3 months its 88 days for everyone. (the reason for 88 days is because the shortest 3 months = 88days)
    If you started on the 4th of june, your 88 days are up on the 30th of august

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

Mellor wrote: »
    Traq wrote: »
    AFAIK you'll be done at the end of the three months on the 4th August, if you've been working from the 4th June that is.

How did you figure that one out.
    4th of June to 4th August is only two months???

It's not 3 months its 88 days for everyone. (the reason for 88 days is because the shortest 3 months = 88days)
    If you started on the 4th of june, your 88 days are up on the 30th of august

Sorry, just followed what was written above without stopping to think about it - having a lazy Saturday here - I guess the OP meant 4th September, which would have been close to the money!

Yeah sorry about that I did mean the 4th of Sept.

That's great to know lads I thought I had to work 88 days total as in weekends didn't count. Can't wait to finish up this work and have another year here I love the place.

Thanks for the help :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭lippy11

Yep 3 calendar months if you stay with the one employer otherwise its 88 days.. I started mine on the 4th of April and finished the 6th of July.. Applied for my 2nd year last Tuesday and I was granted it on Monday so happy days :)!!

It really makes the 3 months work worthwhile because god knows it can be tough going at times :)!!

Best of luck!! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement