Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC weird stuff happening (radio service)

Options
  • 04-08-2012 9:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone tried to listen to BBC radio 4 and 5Live and found 4 extra and 5Live extra instead? frequencies are 90.90 and 91.50. I'm assuming someone in UPC land flicked a switch they didn't intend to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fenomena

At least you have a service. No internet or phone here in Avondale since 8pm Friday. With long weekend and Olympics in full swing it's very useful to have a WiFi hotspot on the mobile and not to have to count the bytes with Three. However this is not what I am paying UPC for and lack of a phone service could be a very serious problem for those with no alternatives. Anyone else experiencing UPC service outages this weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

sky are entering the broadband and phone market soon they'll knock upc outta the water

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

sky are entering the broadband and phone market soon they'll knock upc outta the water

They wont be using fibre, which UPC use to give fast connections. Sky are basically another re-seller of DSL Broadband provided already from EsatBT, Eircom, UTV Internet and so on.

While it will increase competition and maybe make a slight dent, I can't see them being a huge threat because I suspect people will still use UPC for internet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Agree with above.
    In avondale, did you call them, friends have internet in greenfields and cherrymount. is your neighbours upc off too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fenomena

Reset modem and services reestablished. I wonder if some engineering changes were pushed out Friday?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

i'd say that fibre is just a marketing gimmick!! upc seem to have a lot of outages

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

i'd say that fibre is just a marketing gimmick!! upc seem to have a lot of outages

Nope, far from it. :) I assume UPCs problems are just their equipment tbh.

Advertisement