Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2013 Films

• 04-08-2012 10:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,602 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.imdb.com/list/uSOTyBcJSjI/

some interesting upcoming movies coming out next year
    A new Riddick film
    Saoirse Ronan fights aliens
    Enders Game
    a new Sin City
    Arnie making a comeback?

now we'll see how many actually come out next year

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

...Man of Steel

I'd prefer it in other hands, but the teaser and leaked footage of comic con trailer showed some promise...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I wanna see Arnie's new movies, The Last Stand sounds right up his alley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

sticker wrote: »
    ...Man of Steel

I'd prefer it in other hands, but the teaser and leaked footage of comic con trailer showed some promise...
    nolans involved so that eases my fear,

January looks ok, im interested in that gangster squad film seeing as it got pushed back, itll be interesting see stone and gosling teaming up again but back in the 40s,

February sees A Good Day to Die, should be good, have mcclane tearing moscow to shreds for a change :D

kinda looking forward to The Host in March, but its more that one of our own is in it, maybe twilight was moyers low point:o:o

April sees a reboot of Evil Dead, and Tom Cruses Oblivion which sounds interesting, and Colin Farrell, Terrance Howard Noomi Rapace and Dominic Cooper in Dead Man Down,

but then we get to May and we have Iron Man 3 and Star Trek 2 within 2 weeks of each other:), Fast 6 is also out a week after Star Trek, part 5 was pretty good so looking forward to this, and Hangover 3 at the end of the month, ill watch it cause i hope they actually make a different film, if they get away with making the same film 3 time i dunno what to think,

damn may is busy:D

June stars off with the Smiths (Will and Jaden) teaming up with the fella who made The 6th Sense, for After Earth, based 1000 years after earths destruction, its about a military officer crash landing on a desolate earth with his son, HHMMMM, Man of Steel is out a week later and World War Z is out a week after that:cool:

jesus this is becoming some schedual:p,

July starts off with INDEPENDENCE DAY 3D woah, along with Johny Depps Lone Ranger, and Del Tors Pacific Rim the following week, which im looking forward to based on the premise of giant robots fight monsters in what im assuming is the pacific, and a week later its JURASSIC PARK 3D WWWWOOOOAAAHH, (jesus i only saw it within the last year during its re-release talk about cashing in), The Wolverine is out a week later, along with Smurfs 2 for those who care,

August starts off with 2 sequels, 300 Battle of Artemisia which is gonna be a prequel, and RED2, also the Robocop reboot is out a week later followed by a Percy Jackson sequel again for those who care,

September so far is quite, except for another studio grab with THE LITTLE MERMAID 3D yay:rolleyes:, also a Ben Affleck and Justin Timberlakes Runner Runner, a film about offshore online gambling, and Harrison Ford and Gary Oldman are teaming up for Paranoia, a film about industrial espionage,

October sees the eventual follow up to Sin City with A Dame to Kill For, not much else scheduled yet, a film about the somali pirates with Tom Hanks called Captain Phillips

November sees Enders Game and White House Down, with Thor 2 out the following week, followed 2 weeks later by The Hunger Games 2, and Frozen based on Hand Christian Andersons Snow Queen, probably something along the lines of Snow White no doubt,

and december sees part 2 of the now 3 part film the Hobbit,

ands that my highlights of whats only been announced (bar the large print and obvious sarcasm films) so far, its looking good i have to say, the world better not end :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

It's the year of arnies comeback no other film matters imo

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Grasshopper89

Jeff who moves out and doesnt live at home anymore.. Pleeeeease haha

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Don't forget Iron Man 3 and Thor 2. Django Unchained comes out in January as well. Then there's part 2 of The Hobbit in December. Neill Blomkamp's Elysium comes out as well, in July(?) I think, not sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Wish they weren't remaking The Host and The Evil Dead... :mad: I'm strangely excited about seeing 'Machete Kills'.... 'The Wolf of Wall Street', Terrence Malick's film and the next 'Thor' will hopefully be entertaining...

I suspect that 'Warm Bodies' is going to turn out to be a surprising hit.... While the book sounds suspiciously bad. It has John Malkovich in it and Levine seems to be a good director which is a plus for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Bring on Anchorman 2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭OldeCinemaSoz

i hope the next year will bring on a sequel to
    the devil inside

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

The Tree of Life 2: The Shrub of Death

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Speaking of Malick, I'm not convinced we'll get To The Wonder this year (maybe we will! who knows?) so I'm holding out on that being a treat reserved for 2013.

Park Chan-wook's first English language foray Stoker is due out in 2013. It's been a while since Thirst so fingers crossed it will be something special. Yes, Asian filmmakers have... struggled making their international debuts before (coughwongkarwaicough) but I'm optimistic.

Inside Llewyn Davis is one to keep an eye on. After a relatively productive run for the Coens of a film a year, it's been almost two years since True Grit's release. Here's hoping the time was well spent crafting something interesting!

Also where the **** has Charlie Kaufman been at?! It's been almost half a decade since Synecdoche - although, in fairness, one wonders where he could go after a film of that scope. Still, there's a Spike Jonze collaboration due that we or may or may not see in 2013.

I will also spend some time in 2013 desperately trying to source copies of either Evangelion 3.0 (I'm not optimistic I'll see it by end of 2012) and Final. Translations cannot come quick enough.

Also on the anime front there's new films from both Miyazaki and Takahata due out in their homeland next year. Again, this might be a 2014 dealie, but who knows. Maybe?

Land of Hope. Looks to be Sono tackling post-tsunami themes again, and if it is half as good as Himizu it will still be worthy of our time. Again, I'd be shocked if we get this before 2013. Also slightly concerned we won't be getting a theatrical release :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Would like to see Kurt Russell appear in at least one film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Scorsese's fifth film with Di Caprio, The Wolf of Wall Street. Always proven to be a good combo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭amacca

Enders Game was a brilliant sci fi novel imo.........hope its done justice on the big screen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Irish film called the grabbers

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

Leave the evil dead alone:mad:
    Grown ups 2 why the first one was awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Irish film called the grabbers
    going to see that tonight, so it a 2012 film

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

gaelicred wrote: »
    Leave the evil dead alone:mad:
    Grown ups 2 why the first one was awful

You're not serious??? Kill it!!! Kill it with fire.

Advertisement