Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mould on Ceiling after adding extra attic insulation

• 04-08-2012 10:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

About a year ago I added a second extra layer of insulation in the attic. It has made a difference to the house, which is great. But I've ended up with some mould forming on the ceiling, above where the window is.

Above where this is forming there would only be one layer of insulation as there was no room for the second layer, so clearly its cooler and there's moisture forming on the roof.

There is an issue with air circulation in the room, as wardrobes were put in covering where the vent is, so i'll need to address that. On that point does anyone know where I can get a long lent strip / mesh?

In addition to sort out the vent, i'm wondering if i should improve the insulation over where the moisture is forming? Maybe putting in some new rigid insulation or something.

Advertisement